HPTuners for Coyote platform is coming along very well!

Eric@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Also, did you see my question about the 02 transport function? SCT released an update but I didn't see those tables included so it's just one more reason to go with HPT when it's released if you guys will in fact give access to it.

Ask and ye shall receive...

O2Transport.JPG

Shaun@AED

I thought it would take you longer to find those tables since they've been moved in SCT.

SCTTransportDelay_zpse1256820.gif

What would be impressive is if you can find tables NOT in SCT.... Like the missing VCT modes that are used (3 of them not in SCT). Or better yet proper VE table calculations given the Quadratic equation that was added.

Eric@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
What would be impressive is if you can find tables NOT in SCT.... Like the missing VCT modes that are used (3 of them not in SCT). Or better yet proper VE table calculations given the Quadratic equation that was added.

The VE table calculation is being worked on, as is torque inverse tables, etc so that it is done for you.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member

I believe they have already.. clutch protection will be available to all, not a select few which is great news for us peons.

Shaun@AED

Shaun are those tables available to all? Or just select strategies?

Currently in DHW1 as we had it added back in December.
We had these tables added to SCT. They came from 1 man and were sent to SCT to be added for testing purposes in DHW1. Testing completed in December and the tables will be available in many more strategies once the next Advantage update is released.

I believe they have already.. clutch protection will be available to all, not a select few which is great news for us peons.

Same with clutch protection. Already in SCT and has been there for years, just not in Calibrator level. It should be added in the next update.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Currently in DHW1 as we had it added back in December.
We had these tables added to SCT. They came from 1 man and were sent to SCT to be added for testing purposes in DHW1. Testing completed in December and the tables will be available in many more strategies once the next Advantage update is released.

Same with clutch protection. Already in SCT and has been there for years, just not in Calibrator level. It should be added in the next update.

Nice. Funny that it takes HPT coming to market with guns blazing to get the SCT crew to get their heads out of their asses. When is the next update supposed to be?

Shaun@AED

Nice. Funny that it takes HPT coming to market with guns blazing to get the SCT crew to get their heads out of their asses. When is the next update supposed to be?

Actually that is not the case.
SCT is a large corporation and getting things added takes time. It has nothing to do with HPT as far as I know. SCT does not seem to be concerned about that.

What has changed at SCT is a new emphasis on supporting what Custom tune shops need. Unfortunately it's still a slow process.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Actually that is not the case.
SCT is a large corporation and getting things added takes time. It has nothing to do with HPT as far as I know. SCT does not seem to be concerned about that.

What has changed at SCT is a new emphasis on supporting what Custom tune shops need. Unfortunately it's still a slow process.

Copperhead/Coyote has been out for over 3 years now and SCT has more or less had the market cornered.

After over 3 years of no "support" and release of other tables the community has asked for, news of HPT coming to market and all of a sudden, SCT is going to release what people have been asking for around the same time as the HPT release?

I find that hard to believe.

If they aren't concerned with HPT, they should be--HPT is vastly superior to SCT in terms of access, support, logger, and user interface, at least on the "calibrator" level.

Last edited:

Witt

Established Member
Copperhead/Coyote has been out for over 3 years now and SCT has more or less had the market cornered.

After over 3 years of no "support" and release of other tables the community has asked for, new of HPT coming to market and all of a sudden, SCT is going to release what people have been asking for around the same time as the HPT release?

I find that hard to believe.

If they aren't concerned with HPT, they should be--HPT is vastly superior to SCT in terms of access, support, logger, and user interface, at least on the "calibrator" level.

Completely agree. Their support has been status quo for the past 3-4 years. I have yet to even been acknowledged when asking for things like transport delay, flex fuel switches, or clutch protection. I guess being a competitor is more important than a customer. Its only because their dealer network is on the verge of being threatened.

Shaun@AED

I can not speak for SCT.
And I am well aware of the limitations of their Software with regards to Copper head / Coyote platform. We are in complete agreement here.
So far, I see nothing in HPT that I can not already modify in SCT. I am all for a superior product, but I have yet to see anything superior.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I can not speak for SCT.
And I am well aware of the limitations of their Software with regards to Copper head / Coyote platform. We are in complete agreement here.
So far, I see nothing in HPT that I can not already modify in SCT. I am all for a superior product, but I have yet to see anything superior.

Did you get an 'upgrade' to your access level? Last time we talked, you were on the same calibrator access level and had the same limitations that every other calibrator did(myself included) and currently, there is not access to the 02 and clutch protection tables.

Have you ever used the HPTuners logger? It's like picking up an Xbox one when you've been stuck with a Super Nintendo for 20 years.

Witt

Established Member
I can not speak for SCT.

HPT is more end user friendly for someone like myself. Eric has accomplished just as much or more in the past couple months for Coyote support than SCT has been able to provide me in the past 3.5 years. The future looks bright for Ford tuning. :rockon:

Competition in this industry will only help yourself no matter what software you choose to tune with.

Users who are viewing this thread