HP Twin Turbo

jdk

No fun til someone dies
Established Member
I've started a thread about the my HP TT Cobra buildup here

If anyone is interested.

Blown02

Established Member
Wow 12 and 20 psi is a little different. I was exicted to hear those #s for 12, but 20???? MFP has laid down over 700rwhp with 15psi with a automatic on a built cobra motor. So with a manual it should be alot more.

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
jdk said:
I've started a thread about the my HP TT Cobra buildup here

If anyone is interested.
a few things jdk, first, nice camera. 2nd, you lucky bastard, i want a TT kit so bad, i can't wait to see what kind of results you get, theirs another member on this board i'm not sure if he wants me to say his name but hes in the process of a TT kit right now also and hes got a 4k griggs solid axle suspension setup, i think it's like level 3. 3rd, i wish i knew how to do all that stuff myself like you do, who are you gonna have tune it? congrats man and i'm definently gonna be following up on how your comin along.

2Vsvtkiller

Established Member
HP offers 3 different sized turbo kits. I believe there are 57mm, 60mm, and 65mm turbos. I'm not sure what turbo kit was used on the auto tranny that made 700@ 15 psi. You might want to check on that. They might have the upgraded turbo kit on that cobra. This cobra used the T-60s.

Last edited:

2Vsvtkiller

Established Member
Also when you say a built cobra motor do you mean cams, ported heads, intake manifold, etc. This was a entirely stock 03 cobra motor with forged internals. Thats it.

Blown02

Established Member
It is a bullit with a forged bottom end with 8.5:1 compression, stock 99 heads, stock cams, stock unported 01 intake, and the hp twin 57s. It has a automatic, 18deg. timing, and made 700rwhp and 595rwtq. Its BCs car. THe movie of this monster is in the videos/movies section of svtperformance. Ive got the same built block with same compression, stock 01 heads with stock cams, 5 angle valvejob, and the car is getting twin 57s same as the one above, but mine has a 5spd. So It should make alot more than 750rwhp with 15psi being that it is a 5spd rather then auto.

Users who are viewing this thread