HP Twin Turbo

MattP 343

Established Member
im not sure but that would be one heck of a setup! I know one of my friends with an 03 was gunna swich to Turbo but decided to stick with the S/C for some reason

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
Ive heard that the TT is the big way to go, you get great numbers. Just make sure the bottom end is built up

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
i prefer the induction concepts TT setup.. they are expensive, but they know what they are doing.. im waiting to see what the LS1 setup is going to look like for my girls WS.6. im just putting a forged bottom end, and a KB on my L.

SvtKobra96

Vettemeister
Established Member
Everyones review so far about the HP kit is said to be amazing. No need for bottom end reinforcement if ran at recommended psi ofcourse..i just wanted to ask some questions to someone who already has it installed. feel free to post any comments even if you dont have this setup :)

Jman20427

Die Rise
Established Member
No need for bottom end reinforcement? I would certainly suggest it, as the HP bug will bite and you will want to turn up the boost to say anywhere past 600, where it would be wise to get a nice set of CP pistons and Oliver billet rods.

white98snake

Established Member
ive decieded on the induction concepts TT kit im gonna install it at the end of the summer but everyone ive talked to said def do a bottom end so im gonna do mahle rods and slugs with a set of cams and all titanium valvles adn retainers just to be safe. the #'s should be huge with a good tune hopin to hit 700hp

Hepcat007

Established Member
I am currently in the process of having the HP Twin Stage 1 kit installed on my car. Just waiting for the exhaust parts to get here. I should have a review in a few weeks.

stangfreak

Established Member
twin turbos are great. turbos produce insane tq boost per boost when compared to a s/c. :rockon:

Hepcat007

Established Member
SvtKobra96 said:
cant wait! are you installing it youself?
No, the dealership is actually installling it for me. The guy doing it is a really good mechanic. I don't have the room or facilities to do it myself.

EPCobra

1 Crazy Cobra
Established Member
I have the twin turbo kit in my '97 Cobra. I have had it since July of last year. I am still on the stock engine and I run the boost up to 14 psi or so when I get on it. I am not sure of the exact numbers but it is 500+ rwhp/trq. If you are thinking about turbos and have the money I would highly recomend HP. I love the kit.

David

C Weil

Established Member
I have an Induction Concepts kit on the way. I had an HP kit, wasn't happy at ALL with how it was designed, so I went with the Induction Concepts kit and I know I'll be much happier. It'll be here in a couple weeks, and will be going on my big bore, turbo-cammed engine. Should be fun!

I have an HP Kit for sale, by the way.

SvtKobra96

Vettemeister
Established Member
C Weil said:
I have an Induction Concepts kit on the way. I had an HP kit, wasn't happy at ALL with how it was designed, so I went with the Induction Concepts kit and I know I'll be much happier. It'll be here in a couple weeks, and will be going on my big bore, turbo-cammed engine. Should be fun!

I have an HP Kit for sale, by the way.

Whats wrong with the HP kit??? Share some cons and pros.

stangfreak

Established Member
in my opinion, the hp kit is sweet. the turbos are mounted on the bottom of the front bumper, thus havign a totally stock look under the hood. you cant tell you got a tt setup. there hidden.

another point that i like about the hp kit is, it leaves the battery in its place. you will have to relocate the battery in the back. if you go to the track you need a shut off switch exposed outside of the car. i dont want that on my daily driver!!! unless you dont go to the track, then its all good

Kovachian

Me vs. Earth
Established Member
EPCobra said:
I have the twin turbo kit in my '97 Cobra. I have had it since July of last year. I am still on the stock engine and I run the boost up to 14 psi or so when I get on it. I am not sure of the exact numbers but it is 500+ rwhp/trq. If you are thinking about turbos and have the money I would highly recomend HP. I love the kit.

David
What the hell? 14 lbs on a stock engine? Can it run continuously in traffic with that much? I've been told millions of times that our 9.85 comp. motors just can't take more than 10 lbs, maybe 12 tops. I've got a forged shortblock and even I don't feel safe running more than what I got now with 93 octane and stock compression.

Users who are viewing this thread