HP Twin Turbo

SlowSVT

Established Member
I was considering going TT. After thinking about it I decided to stay with the SC. It won't make the HP that the TT will but it makes boost right off the bottom and the installation is much cleaner. The pics I've seen of the TT set-up looks like a nightmare to work on.

Hepcat007

Established Member
99GTvert said:
Are you keeping the 4.10's on your car wit the twin turbos. That would be crazy fast with a good set of slicks.
No, i'm going with 3.55's. 4.10's would be a bit much for street tires.

Coiled-up-GT

Careful with the Eyes...
Established Member
svtshawn has an '04 mystique chrome cobra and the car is at hp in roswell right now. it's been in there for a month or so. supposedly they had all the parts but they said they were waiting on a dyno. the dyno is in but where's the cobra? they keep calling him and telling him that it will be done soon. despite all the wait time, the kit is awesome from what i hear...especially the ones for the '03 plus cobras. as soon as it's done, i'll try and get some footage for ya'll so i can compile a small vid. if any of you call to hp perf, ask them about shawn's cobra!

there is another place here in town that does the BEST (imo) performance work back in this region or part of the country, besides murillo in san antone. this guy might be able to get you a tt setup faster than hp. he is about to do a tt setup on a c5 vette from mexico. those who are seriously interested, pm me for details and/or phone numbers.

Coiled-up-GT

Careful with the Eyes...
Established Member
well, svtshawn's cobra is done and he drove up to roswell today to pick it up. he was very excited, but, there is one problem. hp told him that they did not get to tune it because they are afraid of the right cylinder head. according to them, they noticed a loud ticking coming from inside the head. could this be the ticking everyone's talking about? if so, that sucks because as long as it took to get the kit on, he might have to take it off so the warranty can cover the repairs. what do ya'll think would be the best thing to do in his case? what all is done at the dealership when you take in a cobra for the ticking head? thanks and we hope to resolve this soon.

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
that is more than likely the tick that everyone is experiencing, but no one has said it does any damage, more of a nuisance...the dealer should still cover it under warranty b/c there is a TSB on it, but after they replace, they will most likely document his modifications and any further warranty work will be denied....however, they have to pull them motor (I think) to replace the head, which would mean disconnecting all the turbo stuff, which I would not want a dealer to do...good luck

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
how can you build up the bottom end? what is needed to bought/installed?
Black96SVT said:
Ive heard that the TT is the big way to go, you get great numbers. Just make sure the bottom end is built up

Wings65288

Established Member
Party Liquor Posse
couldn't you just buy new pistons or heads? i'm a newby but hey that comment was worth a shot... unless hes really strapped for money then i could see why one would take off the TT kit.

Blown02

Established Member
I just got done building a forged 01 cobra motor for my 02 gt. Its in and running perfect!-just awaiting a turbo! Anyways, ull need a cobra 8 bolt crank, forged rods, forged pistons, with a dush for a power adder, arp head and main bolts, rod bearings and main bearings.

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
this system looks very promising...hell im almost tempted to buy one even though I havent put on my F1-A yet...who knows, will decide in the next week before install

2Vsvtkiller

Established Member
Answer to the HP Twin Turbo kit

I know this is an SVT forum but i have a 98 GT with a forged bottom end ready for a blower or turbo. It has put down 300rwhp NA. But anyway where i had the motor built...Mike Dez Racing in Seekonk, Mass. They had an 03 Saleen Cobra and only 9 were built. They took of the Eaton and installed the HP twin turbo kit using the T-60s. It has 75lb injectors, blow through mass air, magnaflow exhaust, and they used a 99 factory manifold. They have to use VP fuel also. At 14 psi the Saleen Cobra made 787rwhp. Thats about 951 flywheel. The TT are so quiet you can't even tell it has work done to it. Like I said all the work was done by Mike Dez Racing in Seekonk, Mass.

Hope this answered your questions

rich

SvtKobra96

Vettemeister
Established Member
:p
2Vsvtkiller said:
I know this is an SVT forum but i have a 98 GT with a forged bottom end ready for a blower or turbo. It has put down 300rwhp NA. But anyway where i had the motor built...Mike Dez Racing in Seekonk, Mass. They had an 03 Saleen Cobra and only 9 were built. They took of the Eaton and installed the HP twin turbo kit using the T-60s. It has 75lb injectors, blow through mass air, magnaflow exhaust, and they used a 99 factory manifold. They have to use VP fuel also. At 14 psi the Saleen Cobra made 787rwhp. Thats about 951 flywheel. The TT are so quiet you can't even tell it has work done to it. Like I said all the work was done by Mike Dez Racing in Seekonk, Mass.

Hope this answered your questions

rich

Welcome to SvtPerformance! This isnt an "only" SVT site, there are many types of car owners on this board that post everywhere :) I wouldnt recommend using that screen name though since it may be insulting to most people here that can blow your doors off in reverse ;-)

2Vsvtkiller

Established Member
Ya its Mytique chrome.....I was also wrong about the boost. It made 787 at 20psi. Don't take the name as insulting its not meant to be. If it offends anybody I apologize. I love all mustangs equally.

Users who are viewing this thread