HP Twin Turbo

Jman20427

Die Rise
Established Member
C Weil said:
I have an Induction Concepts kit on the way. I had an HP kit, wasn't happy at ALL with how it was designed, so I went with the Induction Concepts kit and I know I'll be much happier. It'll be here in a couple weeks, and will be going on my big bore, turbo-cammed engine. Should be fun!

I have an HP Kit for sale, by the way.

I cant wait to see that bad boy. Rads work is incredible. Anyone who needs conformation to see how good he is, take a look in the mustang forums on his site. Look at the passenger side headers he created for an 03 Cobra, amazing.

EPCobra

1 Crazy Cobra
Established Member
Kovachian said:
What the hell? 14 lbs on a stock engine? Can it run continuously in traffic with that much? I've been told millions of times that our 9.85 comp. motors just can't take more than 10 lbs, maybe 12 tops. I've got a forged shortblock and even I don't feel safe running more than what I got now with 93 octane and stock compression.

With turbos the boost isn't constant with rpms like a supercharger. With normal driving you will be below 0 psi but when you put your foot into the throttle the boost will go up to what your wastegates are set for or higher if you have a boost controller. That is the beutiful thing about turbos is that you control the boost with the gas pedal. You can drive around all day without ever getting above 0 psi.

David

Kovachian

Me vs. Earth
Established Member
Centrifugals are very similiar in that respect; I rarely get above 0 psi with my Vorturd. 99% of the time I'm at 15-18" vacuum and the boost gauge never gets above 2 psi. Even tho I drive like a granny I can't recall seeing my gauge surpass 2psi when I romp on it. Strangely, the car feels very very strong so I think I got a loose hose somewhere.

Anyways back on topic. If that's what you're running I might give it a try when I switch to the beltless boost.

Jonny99Svt

Rice Eatin Snake *****
Established Member
researched

The HP TT kit is awesome.....not only will it give you the sick power gain that turbo's make but it is also ideal for an IRS car.....like mine. stock internals are a big no no....unless you have an 03 or newer. the powdered pistons for pre 03's...like mine will melt under almost any detonation...not good. besides pistons and rods are pretty easy to replace on a mod block as compared to a pushrod motor. so yes you'll probably want to replace those.
i haven't put the kit in yet seeings how i'll be here in the persian gulf till april (yee haa). but i've done the neccessary build up...another bonus is traction as compared to an sc...some say spool time is the downfall for a turbo setup...however it saves your rearend the stress of a hard high torque launch plus by the time the power hits you've got traction locked up....so granted you're gonna get raped on the jump...but once you're into it....it's all over....i've seen the kit for 5900 just the kit and 7200 installed and tuned by modular powerhouse....i'm gettin it a little cheaper...and doing a self install (www.jdsperformance.com has the 5900 kit, w/ a few upgrades) the suspension that comes w/ it is badazz too and i'm gonna do my tune with RWTD(runninwiththedevil.com for you non predator types) i'll tell you how sick it is once i've finished

stangfreak

Established Member
i can drive all day in my cobra without hitting boost, and its supercharged. i dont quite understand what your saying?

myth

Established Member
I was at modular power house and saw a bullit that they were installing twin turbos on. It was nice. As far hp, a freind of mine order his kit 2 months ago and has not seen it yet.

C Weil

Established Member
Cobrajunkie, the smallest (46mm) turbos can make that power. It'll be a more fun car to drive on the street, too, because you won't have to wait for the turbos to spool nearly as much.

Cobrajunkie

Established Member
That Bullitt built by Tim Barth at MPH is not done is the scary part. Once they finish upgrading the fuel system the boost will be upped again. He said they will very possibly see 1,000 HP. Tim knows his shit and backs it up.

C. Weil, thanks for the information, I will definately look at this kit in the future!

Last edited:

jdk

No fun til someone dies
Established Member
I have the HP twin 57 kit going on starting this friday.. I'm going to run it at 15 PSI on the street.

The kit was ordered in Dec and the parts started coming in february.

Hepcat007

Established Member
jdk said:
I have the HP twin 57 kit going on starting this friday.. I'm going to run it at 15 PSI on the street.

The kit was ordered in Dec and the parts started coming in february.
Yeah, parts are slow to show up. I ordered my kit on Dec. 17th and am still waiting on parts. Good news is that i should have everything by the end of this week.

99GTvert

Established Member
Hepcat007 said:
Yeah, parts are slow to show up. I ordered my kit on Dec. 17th and am still waiting on parts. Good news is that i should have everything by the end of this week.

Are you keeping the 4.10's on your car wit the twin turbos. That would be crazy fast with a good set of slicks.

Users who are viewing this thread