HP 57's here..

Greg@RET

Established Member
I cant put the twins on until I have a motor in the engine bay :cuss: Everything else is ready, and the paint will go on once everything is installed.

FordFanStan

Established Member
The machine shop should be finished surfacing the heads and have the valve job's on your heads completed on Monday. Assembly of the engine should be completed by end of next week.

Here is the scratch why the heads had to be surfaced. It is hard to tell by the picture but the scratch is pretty deep. You can easily run your fingernail over it and feel just how deep it was. There were a couple more light scratches on both heads after further inspection, but this was the worst...
100_7281.jpg

Talk to you soon... Stan

Last edited:

Greg@RET

Established Member
:sleeping: Your pen did that:bash:
You think I did that moving the heads around? Would the resurfacing change the compression, or is it to minor to make a difference?

See you guys next week.... I want some Marisco's :rockon:

danny03cobra

Established Member
Greg 1320' said:
:sleeping: Your pen did that:bash:
You think I did that moving the heads around? Would the resurfacing change the compression, or is it to minor to make a difference?

See you guys next week.... I want some Marisco's :rockon:

where do you get good mariscos around here? i want some!!

i dont want to drive to rosarito,ensenada.

Greg@RET

Established Member
danny03cobra said:
where do you get good mariscos around here? i want some!!

i dont want to drive to rosarito,ensenada.

By DMP they have a place that is good and the waitress are all 20-23 and look like Tropicana models :thumbsup:

Greg@RET

Established Member
Stan said the motor will be done this week. So I would say it will be running a week after that.

danny03cobra

Established Member
i am almost done with mine dude, just need to install the down pipe and figure out the vacuum lines. i also need to figure out how this manual boost controller goes on.

FordFanStan

Established Member
Had to clearance the new block early this morning for the rod bolts, (due to the length of the rod and stroke of the crank in your build)...

100_7292.jpg

100_7293.jpg

Heads arrived today and Dante should have them assembled by the end of the day... Stan

Greg@RET

Established Member
Thanks for the update :beer: Glad you guys are finding all these little things that could be a problem later down the line.

Get a pic of that valve job :rockon:

Greg@RET

Established Member
TRBO VNM said:
looks good great. great work. :beer:

Thanks man :beer:

I had some time today to run the lines. I still need to find a gas tank shield though.

Last edited:

danny03cobra

Established Member
Greg 1320' said:
With the controller on it, yes.

Lets see some pics of your project.

i dont know how to put pictures up here. Dude if it wasnt for Jason (Turbo VNM) i think i would have not taken on a project like this, the dude is totally cool. I have some pics but dont know to put them up.

Users who are viewing this thread