How would I know if my car has a tune

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Or let someone else play around on your 20k motor and start pointing fingers of it blows

Right….

Or if it starts having issues you think are tune related at 10pm while you’re try to get some runs in (or at 7am on the weekend on your way to cars and coffee for the car show folks) at least all tuners who lock and encrypt YOUR cars PCM (which is running base software which could more arguably be considered IP) offer 24:7/365 support…. right?

Probably won’t be the case, but they will charge you promptly on Monday for a re-tune. Unless you’re inside their humble grace period, of course.

Bless your heart

When I've used a reputable and subject matter expert to tune my cars, having to worry about a retune on Monday hasn't been an issue.

Based on your "scenario", it appears someone was trying to learn the art of tuning on your motor.

Nothing but the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Last edited:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
If the tuner encrypts and all that crap, find another tuner or learn to do it yourself…. It’s not rocket surgery.

This whole “muh intellectual property” is BS to the highest order.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

In fact retarded and runs rampant in the Ford toooooning world.

All the GM stuff is damn near completely open-source allowing everyone to learn and get better/go faster. Imagine that.

blubyu87gt

Established Member
Bless your heart

When I've used a reputable and subject matter expert to tune my cars, having to worry about a retune on Monday hasn't been an issue.

Based on your "scenario", it appears someone was trying to learn the art of tuning on your motor.

Nothing but the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Bless your brain…. it’s as lacking as your assumptions. At least reputable tuners everywhere nuts are warm from your hand grasp with all that swinging lol

I haven’t had the need to go to someone for tuning. Ever. Just like building my motors or installing parts. Transmissions on the other hand, that’s a voodoo I farm out for rebuilds lol

You’re right you SHOULDNT have to worry about it. Exceptions to the rule do happen and being even a 1% chance sure doesn’t matter if it happens to you…

Like I previously said it’s not rocket surgery. At least for someone willing to learn, and hopefully understands the risk. Most aren’t, and that’s okay. I was presenting it as an option so the OP.

Also, since you like condescension and assumptions. No, I’m not talking about some canned tuning intake only setups.

IMG_6155.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

blubyu87gt

Established Member
In fact retarded and runs rampant in the Ford toooooning world.

All the GM stuff is damn near completely open-source allowing everyone to learn and get better/go faster. Imagine that.

Yeah man it’s crazy and so frustrating. The god complex some people give tuners is so gay too lol. I will stop cluttering the OPs thread about it though.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

VNMOUS1

Established Member
If the tuner encrypts and all that crap, find another tuner or learn to do it yourself…. It’s not rocket surgery.

This whole “muh intellectual property” is BS to the highest order.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread