How will the boss intake manifold be with 3.31's?

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
Some one must have bought it. It is no longer listed. Look again in a few days.

D.T.R

Established Member
Some one must have bought it. It is no longer listed. Look again in a few days.

I submitted an offer while he still had 1 available and bam it was sold a couple of hrs later lol

Doing some more research, I saw him selling them for $350 shipped on another forum...

I'll wait until he puts some more for sale..

try03venom

Established Member
I got mine on E-bay, from a guy in Canada. I have bought a couple from him and he is reasonable.

Looks like Shaun is out of town this weekend. Therefore, there is probably not going to be an install since I won't have my tune update.

Oh well, it will have to wait.

Mike

The boss intake and bigger tbody run fine on the stock tune

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
The boss intake and bigger tbody run fine on the stock tune

It might run but you are not going to see any benefit from it running it on the tune for the stock intake manifold. That would just be stupid.

From the 5.0 Mustang Inside the Boss article.

"To optimize the shorter intake runner tuning with the intake valve event, it’s important to close the intake valve sooner. Adam Christian says advancing the intake cam 5-10 degrees and raising the rpm limit is what everyone has been missing so far when bolting this intake onto a Coyote. That, and don’t look for any power gains below 5,250 rpm no matter what. It sounds like a real terror would be more rear axle gearing, this intake, and a centrifugal blower."

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
I will wait for my tune update from Shaun. I have to put the top end back on my 408 this weekend anyway. The Boss can wait.

Mike

try03venom

Established Member
It might run but you are not going to see any benefit from it running it on the tune for the stock intake manifold. That would just be stupid.

From the 5.0 Mustang Inside the Boss article.

"To optimize the shorter intake runner tuning with the intake valve event, it’s important to close the intake valve sooner. Adam Christian says advancing the intake cam 5-10 degrees and raising the rpm limit is what everyone has been missing so far when bolting this intake onto a Coyote. That, and don’t look for any power gains below 5,250 rpm no matter what. It sounds like a real terror would be more rear axle gearing, this intake, and a centrifugal blower."

no shit botard I was stating the fact that it would run until he got his tune from AED!

G-Mann

Established Member
I've been on the fence for a while on the intake but this price was too good to pass on. I must have gotten that last one for $350.

Users who are viewing this thread