How to quiet your '03/'04 Cobra shifter (other Mustangs, too)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks Alan. It will mail out first thing Monday morning. Nice Cobra by the way. :)

Termn8ur

Established Member
My gaskets came in the mail today. The shipping was quick and the communication was excellent. Thanks Bob!!:rockon:

03RedfireTermy

Established Member
Vince, each car is different as far as noise level. Some are pretty much noise-free, while others are just noisy enough to be annoying. And some are very noisy. The bulk on the noise is gear noise that carries through the billet shifter into the cabin. You might just have a very quiet one. Or, like you said, the previous owner maybe installed my gasket. If you ever pull your shifter, check to see if it has the new, thicker gasket. It's more effective and more durable.

Thanks Bob. Today It was hot so I had the convertible top up and the A/C on. I definitely heard shifter noise today. I will be ordering your gasket.

Vince.

JustaGT5408

Established Member
Just got mine installed last weekend along with changing to Amsoil ATF. Can't believe how much quieter everything is!! Thanks for the quick shipment and great product CobraBob, I will definitely reccomend your gaskets to anyone :beer:

ybnorml

Established Member
I ordered a set of these gaskets and I'm very impressed by them. I have a MGW shifter and could only use the base gasket, but it completely quieted the shifter. It's nice to buy something that actually does what it says. Doesn't happen often.

Shipping was very fast as well. Definitely recommend.

Thanks for the set CB!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks for your comments, Chris. I really appreciate it. I'm glad you like your shifter gasket set for your MGW shifter. :)

allgo90

Established Member
I had your gasket in my old 97 cobra with a t56. I just ordered a MGW for my new 04 cobra and a set of your gaskets to go with it. Great product.

Cobrinator

Established Member
03 Cobra T56

Thanks Bob! I recently installed a clutch and decided to go with the MGW shifter while I was at it. I had no transmission noise in the cabin before installing this shifter and after it was unbearable with the black RTV for sealant. I bought this gasket, installed it and once again have absolutely no noise in the car. :pepper:

TP 112

Established Member
these gaskets are the best thing going. i purchased one for the cobra it was such an improvement that i just ordered one for the fox yesterday. easiest mod yet. and a great price also,thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread