• Welcome to SVTPerformance!
ATTENTION!
You may experience intermittent issues while accessing the site over the next 60-90 minutes, as we perform maintenance and upgrades.

How to make @ 1000+whp 6 sp cobra hook

Discussion in 'Terminator Talk' started by 305Cobra, Jan 13, 2017.

1. 305Cobra

305Cobra Active Member Established Member

Mod can this thread be moved to the turbo terminator session pls

2. ruthless

ruthless Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert Established Member

I have a 76mm turbo car with a th400 and SRA. I used all the Baseline suspension parts on the rear of my car with strange DA shocks. It hooks with the Hoosier QTP I run on it. If the tires come unglued the car will leave black marks as straight as can be. I am very happy with my setup on a street car. However the car is setup for drag racing and lost a bit in the corner carving end of things.
    We will see how the setup works with the new built engine and BS3 computer this summer. I may have to beef up the suspension mount points.

3. ruthless

What coil packs and mounts are you using with the BS3? I am getting ready to install mine but it came with the old LS1 coils. I cant help but think there are newer coils out there that will work better. I was told to look for smart coils but have no idea what will work with the BS3.

4. P49Y-CY

P49Y-CY selfie deaths ftw Established Member

that sounds awesome and i would think it is totally normal to lose cornering ability for a drag-oriented setup. hey, everything's a compromise, right? personally i like the old saying, "i slow down for turns". lol

what size hoosier's do you run? can you give any specs on your tire/wheel offset/sizes? thanks

5. ruthless

I do local races at an airstrip called flashlight drags so going from a dig on a very slick surface called for some tricks. lol My 93 pump gas fed street car with full interior and A/C works well enough for them to put me up against gutted drag cars.

I am running a CCW drag pack and it was speced out for an IRS when I ordered it. I had no plans of changing at the time and would go with 15 inch wheels next time.
    CLASSIC STREET 16X10 6.25" BS
    28X11.5X16 HOOSIER QUICK TIME