How to calibrate your Speedhut Boost gauge

purdueranger

Established Member
I called speedhut up because my vacuum/boost gauge was reading 2-4" of vacuum once it was powered up. I got on the phone with Wade and he was real helpful on telling me how to do this procedure.

With the power off, you press and hold the button down and then turn the power on to the gauge with your button still held down. When you power on, the needle will go to 30" of vacuum and the led light will turn on. You will hold down for 12-15 seconds after you power on and the needle will move up to what it thinks the zero point is.

From there you will keep holding the button down and the needle starts to move. The needle will go down in vacuum first and you need to let go and press and hold it again to start moving it back up. Once you get it to where it needs to be then you let go of the button and then the LED will flash.

This procedure took me about 5 trys to get it right, I was on the phone with them the whole time.

03Mach04Cobra

GO HOKIES!!!
Established Member
Thanks for this writeup - Worked for me on my first try, been meaning to call speedhut about this but havent had a chance.

Jefe

Established Member
04Sleeper - I have my gauges working and my wire hooked up the TPS sensor but my warning light wont come on. Did you have to program it?

Sub'n. I did this before and forgot how to do it again. This isnt in the manual? I guess theres lots of stuff these gauges can do that isnt in the manual.

TRBO VNM

awesome. I need to do this to my boost gauge. but I also need to figure out how to set the hi/low limits. I can't find the instructions. lol

purdueranger

Established Member
awesome. I need to do this to my boost gauge. but I also need to figure out how to set the hi/low limits. I can't find the instructions. lol

if you do the same thing as the calibration but you let off the button a couple seconds after you turn the gauge on.

Users who are viewing this thread