"how to: blower removal and installation"

forcefedcobra

Established Member
"how to" worked great along with Graycen lending a hand. I did find that installing the EGR valve was much easier to do after you get the blower back in the car especially when putting a whipple back in.

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
Anyone know where to get those 7mm intercooler bolts? Stieggy never sent me any when I got my eaton ported :(

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
call them, they should have sent you some. or you could check with steve at tousely ford--he can get ford parts for real cheap, he should be a 'sticky' on one of the terminator sections--ford parts 10% under invoice

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
01cobravortech said:
Damn this looks like such a PITA. I had no idea that it was this involved. :(

It's really easy man. Just take your time and don't pay attention to those that say they did it in 4hrs and such. If it takes you 12hrs or more who cares. Just take your time and all will be good.:thumbsup:

mattmoto441

Ridin Dirty #001
Established Member
well i pulled my blower off 2day and iam wondering what this is and what it does??

03-19-07_1813.jpg

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
well i pulled my blower off 2day and iam wondering what this is and what it does??

Thats your MAT sensor. Im not sure what it does but I hope you didnt use a torch while that was still on when you took the intercooler off. When I called Stegemeier they said some people have melted the sensor to the s/c because they didnt take it off.

jeffs

Established Member
I'm sure he was more careful than most and he also took the time to write it up, I had mine off in 1.5 hours, although nothing was labeled and didn't use help from a friend, Just carefully step onto the valve covers and us on hand for lifting and the other for fanangling wires/hoses outa the way. haven't reintalled the blower yet but will tell you how it goes if you need, I'm gonna try it solo. I'm too impatient for working with any of my friends!

mattmoto441

Ridin Dirty #001
Established Member
svtfocus2cobra said:
Thats your MAT sensor. Im not sure what it does but I hope you didnt use a torch while that was still on when you took the intercooler off. When I called Stegemeier they said some people have melted the sensor to the s/c because they didnt take it off.

no i didnt melt it, when i took off the blower i broke the tip of it off somehow?

N S

Wants to go faster
Established Member
This is an extremely well written how-to. Thank you. I used it and it worked great. I did use slightly different torque values however.

One piece of advice I'd give anyone who wants to try this, duct tape all your socket/extensions together. I ended hitting a socket and it went under the blower during the re-install. We had to pull the blower back off to find it :cuss:

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
N S said:
This is an extremely well written how-to. Thank you. I used it and it worked great. I did use slightly different torque values however.

One piece of advice I'd give anyone who wants to try this, duct tape all your socket/extensions together. I ended hitting a socket and it went under the blower during the re-install. We had to pull the blower back off to find it :cuss:

very good advice. especially with the rear bolts, its very easy to lose stuff/have it fall behind the motor

RGrossman

Established Member
Great instructions, should come in handy this weekend? Should a gap be left in the silicone between intercooler and blower?

Last edited:

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
RGrossman said:
Great instructions, should come in handy this weekend? Should a gap be left in the silicone between intercooler and blower?

i've had the blower off twice, and put high temp RTV all the way around the intercooler to blower mating surface. i know some manuals only instruct you to put it partially around the surface, but i did it all the way around and have had no problems

Users who are viewing this thread