"how to: blower removal and installation"

caveeagle

Currently Decompressing
Established Member
It makes perfect sense. You use your torque wrench for steps 1 and 2. For the third step use a regular socket wrench and turn the bolt and additional 90 degrees.

You should add: these are "TTY" (torque to yield) bolts. You compress the gasket by torqing to spec. The final #degree actually stretches the bolt and creates constant tension. You should not ever re-use TTY bolts.

BTW: I am about to do this job for the first time on my '04. There are other posts here suggesting Ace hardware for replacement studs for the IC. Where are you guys sourcing the intake hardware? I do not want to used TTY bolts if there are other good options.

Last edited:

Kyle_KleinSS

Established Member
You should add: these are "TTY" (torque to yield) bolts. You compress the gasket by torqing to spec. The final #degree actually stretches the bolt and creates constant tension. You should not ever re-use TTY bolts.

BTW: I am about to do this job for the first time on my '04. There are other posts here suggesting Ace hardware for replacement studs for the IC. Where are you guys sourcing the intake hardware? I do not want to used TTY bolts if there are other good options.

Ive had my blower off 3 times now and use the same bolts with no issues. After about 4 or 5 times I would junk them but for a few times they are fine. When I got prices from Mike at autonation for the ford bolts I almost had a stroke.

mrose75

Established Member
Definitely don't use the Ford bolts. Get some Grade 8 bolts and go for it with those. Ford is too expensive and will snap on you.

Users who are viewing this thread