How to: Billetflow IRS brace

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
a couple of hours, just depends on how long you stay actually working on it. It took me about 5 hours since I did the IRS subframe bushings at the same time and drank a few beers too.

greystang02

Established Member
i just got my brace today, im thinking about doing the irs bushings while in down there anyone have any tips on doing the bushings?

Mcduffys

Established Member
Im doing this mod tomorrow, awesome detail in your write up thanks for taking the time to save me time.

Last edited:

K-Dubb

Established Member
Anyone ever had issues with the brace hitting the exhaust? I had mine installed today by a shop and they said they were concerned with it hitting and causing a rattle. It looks really close in the pic in this thread too.

Thanks.

cjuni

Established Member
Guys so this can be done without the removal of the entire IRS correct? Also what brace would be the best one to get?

Thanks in Advance

Back-N-Black

Established Member
i just got my brace today, im thinking about doing the irs bushings while in down there anyone have any tips on doing the bushings?

I see nobody responded to your question. Did you end up doing the bushings as well?

My IRS has been weeping for a while now and I'm getting some noise from the back end there. I will want to do whatever I need to do all at one time so am looking for all the help I can find now.

CCS_56_EX

Established Member
I installed mine last night. Took me 4 hours from start to finish, including a trip to Home Depot, and I also replaced the stock catbacks with some Stingers. Kirks5oh's instructions were spot on. I used ramps for the install, but had to jack the right rear subframe to get bolt #7 in.

SilverNotch

Established Member
I have a question I just bought a billet flow brace used without hardware. Does anybody know what size bolts and if I need washers? I need to get this thing on and need to know the length and size. I know I need five for the cover and two for the rear mount. I figured if I order them from billet flow it will cost me more then the bolts for shipping.

OH3BLKSVT

Screwed by the twins
Established Member
great write up...i will be doing this shortly to mine..i took it to the drag strip and had wheel hop and is scared the sh*t out of me...wont race again till its done with drag radials

SilverNotch

Established Member
I got a black billet flow used on craigslist for 80.00. Now it doesn't have hardware so billet flow offered to send it for 10 bucks with 2 dollars shipping which isn't bad. Kay the lady that answers the phones is very nice and helpful. She gave me the sizes and I found them all but, it would've cost me more with all the washers and bolts then buying them from bf.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
^^^Figure a few hrs depending on the tools you have. I did mine in under a hr, but I had a lift and a bunch of adjustable stands at my disposal.

SilverNotch

Established Member
I have to take it all apart tomorrow morning to get that pesky number 3 bolt in right. It would've only taken me 1.5 hrs to complete if not for that bolt.

You are wasting your time going through all the effort with the BF brace. Mine started leaking about 5 months ago. It seems to leak every 2 years. The product is a failure.

SilverNotch

Established Member
Agreed, this brace is like putting 10 gallons of water in a 5 gallon bucket. Anything in this area a cobra is hard. Try a fuel filter or doing front and rear diff bushings.

Users who are viewing this thread