How to: Billetflow IRS brace

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
RockLight said:
What was the verdict on this??? Did it work using ramps?

Rod
I've done 4 of these braces and used ramps on every one of them.......I just like the security, but it's a bit of a pain jacking the car up that high and then sliding the ramps underneath the rear tires.

forcefedcobra

Established Member
thanks for the "how to". I still had heck getting a clear shot at the #3 bolt both getting it out and in no matter how much I moved the diff around. Still I got it on and it worked just fine at the track!

BIGV

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
Established Member
eddy@naples said:
:shrug: does any one have pics on how to remove diff cover
Remove bolts remove cover thats about it.

03snakerush

Established Member
BIG thank you to Doug....

I finally installed my IRS brace last week and it looks great! Feels great knowing the diff-cover wont flex now and it's been tested several times:-D
Anyone who's putting this off- DONT wait as long as I did. Thanks again Doug for a quality product. By the way, six technicians at my dealership where I work pulled up a chair to watch me do the install on my rack.( it was a slow day....):beer:

03CobraVertGrey

Screamin Banshee
Established Member
Thanks for this write up. I needed it during the process since Billetflow did not explain where the front diff mounting bolts were in the instructions. I assumed I was correct but wanted to make sure and your pictures helped me out. I was surprised that there was no "How To" on Billetflow and only one pic of the differential in the instructions. I was also surprised it mentioned nothing about how to get bolt #7 in the hole as you did here. Thanks again!

XJRGUY

BIG MONSTERS!
Established Member
I just ordered this product today. The bottom of my diff is a little wet. I do not launch or track the car. Will the brace stop the weeping, or do I have to reseal and then install it?

Thanks!

XJRGUY

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
XJRGUY said:
I just ordered this product today. The bottom of my diff is a little wet. I do not launch or track the car. Will the brace stop the weeping, or do I have to reseal and then install it?

Thanks!

XJRGUY

see if your differential bolts are loose. i had to retighten my IRS brace bolts after drving the car for about 100 miles, because they had loosened ever so slightly, so i would plan on doing that.

XJRGUY

BIG MONSTERS!
Established Member
Thanks for the info.

I ended up bringing in to the dealer for a warranty claim to fix this and they did.

Resealed the diff
Put in brand new 75-140 fluid
Put in new friction modifier.

I left the car there for over a day so the sealant would cure.

This weekend I am putting the IRS brace on, brakes all around and change the transmission fluid to Synchromesh.

XJRGUY

Users who are viewing this thread