How to: Billetflow IRS brace

slow98svt

www.snma.net
Established Member
Awesome write up!! i'm about to install mine within the next few days! Any of you guys having problems with the bolts binding? and having to do the tapping thing?

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
Probably a dumb question but I havent looked yet to see so I am gonna ask. Would a guy have to remove the front diff mount if he has the front and rear irs mounts out while doing the irs subrame bushings to get to all the rear dif bolts needed to remove for irs brace?

LKGRenegade22

Established Member
Well I'm kinda pissed now. I was told my car had one so I was researching on here to see what it looked like. After seeing the pictures, there is NOT one on my car!

ice wat3r

noob
Established Member
new guy on the forums but ill get to that later
tryin to install this stupid brace...
does the hulk himself install the front differential bolts ? cause, uh yeah i cant get them to budge.
i work on a drilling rig and im by far not a weak pussy but wholy shit dude they are on there !
any suggestions ?! :fm:

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
does the hulk himself install the front differential bolts ? cause, uh yeah i cant get them to budge.
i work on a drilling rig and im by far not a weak pussy but wholy shit dude they are on there !

Make sure lefty loosey and righty tighty, :poke: seriously though get some wd40 on the nuts and let me soak then try again. GL:beer:

Lethal SVT97

BLUEVNM
Established Member

yeah, man. those two bolts were pita to loosen. it took all my might to loosen it.

BlueOvalPride

Established Member
Just got done with mine and it went smooth thanks to this write up. I disconnected the rear irs bolts and shocks so that I could lower/raise the irs in order to get all bolts in (3 & 6). Only issue was getting the front diff bolts back in since i swapped the bushings at the same time. If you have access to an impact gun it'll make everything alot easier. Good luck to everyone else!

Easy

Live Fast Die Fun
Established Member
anyone have issues trying to get #7 back in. i tried different angles to clear the black bracket but no luck.

yes, i dont remmeber which bolts exactly but some were hard to get in ... they didn't align, we had to jack up by the diff. As i said in the first page please be careful while doing this. I had my car up on a garage scissor type lift and when we were jacking the diff trying to get them to align and the car shifted on us ... i thought it was going to fall from 8 feet in the air and 3 of us were under the car at the time working on it. if we were on jack stands i might not of been typing this post!

good luck

venomous99

Established Member
my install is a little different as i have the rear of the IRS unbolted from the IRS bracket and springs are out so the IRS is only hanging from the torque boxes. this was done for another reason, which was to gain access to the bottom of the IRS bracket and tap new vertical mounting bolts. this is necessary on the sn95 for IRS swaps . Anyhow, i already have the diff cover lined up with the rear diff mount and have already have all the bolts in except #7. Ill try manipulating the entry of the bolt into the rear mount to see if that helps.

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
is # 7 the very top bolt cause if I remember right that one when I had my rear irs down and diff loose, I had to jack up the diff and get the bolt in.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
did anyone else install the billetflow brackets as well? I called billetflow the other day about the brace and they were really pushing the bracket as well :shrug:

bracket.jpg

kennycoulter

Established Member
doing mine soon, but considering taking cover off to reseal. is it possible to remove the rear cover with everythign else still bolted to the car? my exhaust is still off of the car.

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
doing mine soon, but considering taking cover off to reseal. is it possible to remove the rear cover with everythign else still bolted to the car? my exhaust is still off of the car.

Anything is possible but when you start doing this I gonna say no, you'll see what I mean the cover is so close to the irs subframe I really dont think it will slide down but I could be wrong, GL:beer:

Ralo

Established Member
how do you get the new lower rear mount bolt in?

Users who are viewing this thread