How restrictive is the Stainless works exhaust

kdanner

Banned
what did you switch too, and did you have to retune it for the new cat back?

Those catbacks use a different connection between the muffler and the pipe than stock. Wanted to get into a situation where I could easily swap between axleback deletes and mufflers. Other than that, which most people wouldn't care about, I like this catback.

As for retuning, on the same calibration, changing nothing except pulling the deletes off and installing STOCK mufflers for the first time in 2 years, the car ran the same times. A muffler would have to be pretty damn restrictive(i.e. easily visible when looking inside it) to lose 20HP if I see no ET change with the stock mufflers vs deletes.

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
i figured out how to do a fair comparison.

lets go buy a brand new car. don't dyno it, throw in the AED tune and put it on the dyno.

That will be our base # on what this AED Tuned car makes.

We will then drive it for 6 months. Then return the car to stock. Throw it on the dyno, and check power comparisions.

Those #'s will be our tuned #'s.

My guess is after the engine has 6 months to losen up, it might quite possibly make more power without the tune.

We can then deduce that the tune lost hp correct? Would everyone then quit buying AED tunes? NO, because obviously it's not a fair comparison.

Most cars do tend to pick up 10,15,20,25 hp once they have broken in.

I'm all for testing. But before we start blaming parts or making claims. Let's actually do a valid test.

byeofcr

Established Member
That awkward moment when your stuck at the table while your parents argue is what this thread is like lol

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
That awkward moment when your stuck at the table while your parents argue is what this thread is like lol

lol, I know what your saying. The thread really is pointless without any hard dyno #'s.

And I hate to be bickering with another vendor. But post facts.

Yes, I sell the SW Exhaust, but at the same time, he is trying to push his tunes without saying it, by making claims of tuning for different aftermarket axle backs like there is some secret potion he knows about that no one else does.

I don't know one reputable tuner that is going to be swapping tunes out with swapping from one after cat exhaust for another on an n/a combo on one of these cars.

He made the claim. He should be the one ponying up the $$ to back it up. That's just my opinion. But if you are going to slander a company, and that's what it is, to push your "tuning ability", then post a legitimate test.

ViciousJay

Established Member
Any Cali guys have SW exhaust, makes it a lot easier then shipping, im sure someone is local can stop by AED and let them borrow it for testing? 4 pages later and someone just though of this? :idea:

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
lol, I know what your saying. The thread really is pointless without any hard dyno #'s.

And I hate to be bickering with another vendor. But post facts.

Yes, I sell the SW Exhaust, but at the same time, he is trying to push his tunes without saying it, by making claims of tuning for different aftermarket axle backs like there is some secret potion he knows about that no one else does.

I don't know one reputable tuner that is going to be swapping tunes out with swapping from one after cat exhaust for another on an n/a combo on one of these cars.

He made the claim. He should be the one ponying up the $$ to back it up. That's just my opinion. But if you are going to slander a company, and that's what it is, to push your "tuning ability", then post a legitimate test.

I don't think Shaun is doing any of these things, Terry. I think all he is doing is posting about some results that he found with customers' cars that had the SW exhaust. He did say he would provide his CC number if you wanted to send him a catback to test. Maybe there was something else that was a factor with the other cars that would be disproved with a test on his car. Maybe it is the exhaust. You sell it, you could benefit from his testing. If you are confident that the exhaust is not the issue, why not send it out to him?

Mike

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
There is no bias present in any statement I have made in this thread. I am only advocating for a comparison test. I am also a customer of Terry's.

Mike

That is true, I bought my long tube setup from terry. Great customer service from him. Hell I had an issue with my headers and him and sw made it right. I'm tuned by Shaun as well. I agree that terry could benefit from having him test the exhaust. Really would put this to bed.

Shaun@AED

Andrew.gif

Ivan 5.0

Established Member
Why would SW make a "performance" exhaust that is restrictive? Doesn't make sense to me.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
LOL, this is absurd, a straight through muffler that loses 20HP:lol: everyone calls flowmasters 'chokemasters' and says "don't buy flowmasters, you'll lose ~5HP" because of the chambered design, but this straight through is supposed to be FAR less efficient than even those.
sounds to me like there is some unaccounted for variables in this comparison, or even just an anomaly.

Users who are viewing this thread