How restrictive is the Stainless works exhaust

wbt

Banned
My response was to your comment 'there's something horribly wrong with the engine/tune'.

Those that question my tune have never run it. Those that run my tunes don't question the safety and health of their engines.
To reiterate what I've said from day 1.
I run more conservative A/F and ignition timing than most other mail order tunes. My ignition timing curve is within 1 degree of stock 2011, matches stock 2012, and is less timing than a stock 2013. I have posted data logs that show this.

I concentrate on TiVCT changes and getting the power to the ground.

If you are questioning power output of my tunes, you need only look here:
Video: 2013 Boss 302 Mustang Vs. Camaro ZL1 - StangTV

It wasn't a question of how much, it was the curve of the graph hence why I said take it to the track and do back to back testing. The fact is your curve doesn't jive with what other's have seen. I really don't care how safe or unsafe your tunes are. That is between you and your customer's.

We recorded a video of a ZR1 and a CTS-V running at our track laying down 12/13 second runs. That would put the Boss in said video in the 12 second time frame. Not something that is overly impressive TBH.

CTS-V and ZR1 Quarter Mile - YouTube

acrbill

Established Member
running at the track is a whole lot different than roll racing. There is no launching and much less tractions issues from a roll so I would say roll racing is more of a car showcase and track racing highlights the driver.

Shaun@AED

Man this video is everywhere. Unlike most people I guess, it really doesn't surprise me a bit. I had no problems outrunning Z-06s on the standing mile, so a ZL-1 doesn't have a prayer. My new license plate is on order, "ZLWHAT".

Didn't surprise me either. Nor would it if he ran a stock 2011/12 GT500 and held even or pulled on it.

Nice plate BTW!
My buddy has LS What on his 8sec Fox....and a ZR1 in his driveway. LOL

wbt

Banned
running at the track is a whole lot different than roll racing. There is no launching and much less tractions issues from a roll so I would say roll racing is more of a car showcase and track racing highlights the driver.

The driver factor becomes much less when there is an automatic trans car used as was done in our CAI testing. We achieved very consistent results that were repeatable and within the margin of error.

I do agree it takes much more skill to run at the track vs. "roll racing" regardless of what transmission type is used.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
The driver factor becomes much less when there is an automatic trans car used as was done in our CAI testing. We achieved very consistent results that were repeatable and within the margin of error.

I do agree it takes much more skill to run at the track vs. "roll racing" regardless of what transmission type is used.

Racing an auto in any variety of straight line acceleration contest is infinitely easier and less rewarding than a manual. Unfortunately, they tend to be quicker as well. :lol1:

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread