How often do you call in...?

How often do you call in...?

• Once a week

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Once a month

Votes: 16 6.4%
  • Couple times a year

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • I have to be on my friggin' death bed to call in...

Votes: 141 56.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bob6364

Established Member
Like the title says...[[ring]] Hello...*cough* I'm ah sic *cough*can't come in today *hack**cough*

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
In the past year, I called in 3 times total. Twice because I was actually sick, and the third I basically told my boss I wont be coming in saturday. I got tired of the fact that everyday people would call in for stupid ass shit and were never held accountable, so I took a day for myself. Before that day, I hadn't had a saturday off in over a year.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I haven't lately then again I work for myself so I wouldn't have to call anyone.

Evan5469

Established Member
I have to be throwing up sick to call into work. Otherwise I drink some OJ and I tough it out. There has only been 1 occassion where I faked it, but I was 16 and had tickets to a baseball game, and I had one week left after giving my 2 weeks notice.

Hooligan02

We're all full of lies
Established Member
If I'm not basically dead, I'll be there...I have only called off when my house flooded and when I literally could not get out of bed.

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
I don't usually call in just to take the day off. I would say maybe 1 or 2 times a year.

Edit: Since being pregnant I have called in because I was too tired one day. I don't mean a little sleepy, I mean I could barely get to the phone to call. I had gotten 10 hours of sleep the night before. It was horrible.

Last edited:

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
The last time I called in I had projectile vomiting and the squirts at the same time.

lokslikasolstic

Mrs. 203Cree
Established Member
I have to be genuinely sick to call in. Like fever, vomiting sick. I suffer from migraines so I will have to call in to let the boss know I will be about an hour late, but he knows how bad they kick my ass since he is my dad and I've had them all my life.

NOXCUSES

Z0SICK
Established Member
I dont actually "call" out its all done via email. I dont do it unless my kids are sick. Last year and I had 6 sick days leftover

Darkshadows

New tq abuser
Established Member
I have to be genuinely sick to call in. Like fever, vomiting sick. I suffer from migraines so I will have to call in to let the boss know I will be about an hour late, but he knows how bad they kick my ass since he is my dad and I've had them all my life.

i feel you on the migrains. ill call in cause of those but only to tell them ill be late. usually only a couple days a year for being really sick and thats about it.

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
I have to be really sick to call in. The only time I will not try and push through it is with a migraine. With all the noise where I work, it would just make the night suck all the more.

yellowgt02

Established Member
Last year called in a few times after I came back to work off short term disability. Other than that...the odd day where I actually couldnt move from the toilet.

Looking back since I started my job...When I was on-call staff, I had one sick day in a year, I came to work, but was sent home. Now that I have paid sick time, I realize I abused it the first year I had it.

Users who are viewing this thread