How often do you call in...?

How often do you call in...?

• Once a week

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Once a month

Votes: 16 6.4%
  • Couple times a year

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • I have to be on my friggin' death bed to call in...

Votes: 141 56.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
22 years on the job and I have only used a couple of sick days.

I don't even use all of my 6 weeks of vacation time for Jiminies sake.

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
It might be hard for you guys to believe... But in 6 years I have not missed a single day.
I have taken vacation days ( Days where I am actually on a vacation ), but never in my adult working life have I called in "sick" or just felt like I needed a day off.

BadMoFo

Get Some!
Established Member
hmm just looked at my records and I havent called in sick for the past 3 1/2 years. I have taken days off but they were all planned.

and I know when I was in the military I only took one sick day in 8 years but there was nothing going on and I didnt want to get anyone else sick.

just been lucky enough to not get sick or when I do its not bad.

so I guess just once in the past 11 1/2 years.

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
Never,

The only time I will call out is if my kids are sick and I need to be there. If I'm sick I will come in until someone tells me to go home.

+1

My father once told me...

You can be sick at home, or you can be sick at work...
Whats the difference?

haz-matt

Established Member
I have never called out to my place of work currently. I did one time when I was 16 to go to a big event at the dragstrip on a friday night. There are a few guys where I work that call out Atleast 1 time if not 2 times per week and Im not exaggerating one bit. One guy called out 30+ days in a row at the begining of the year, used every bit of vacation he had. Seems they have a pretty large tollerance for BS where I work.

Fenah

Crazy Greek Man
Established Member
Its bad for me. Since I have to go to work at 4 A.M about every three weeks ill miss a day. Not on purpose either.

slick4_6

Established Member
It might be hard for you guys to believe... But in 6 years I have not missed a single day.
I have taken vacation days ( Days where I am actually on a vacation ), but never in my adult working life have I called in "sick" or just felt like I needed a day off.

+1 In High School I might have done it but I have not taken a sick day since 1999. I have never even taken a vacation day unless I was actually off on vacation. I lose 4 sick days every year because I do not take them and I do not get any kind of reimbursement for them, until it comes evaluation time.

Grizzly Adams

Resident Hippie
Established Member
The times that I called in, I was really sick and once so that I could take care of the GF who was really sick (she had done the same for me in the past). I might have been able to make it in, but I would have been of no use to anybody when I was sick. I was either throwing up or on the brink of it. So, it was probably two times or so per year.

Niks97cobra

Ready to Go!
Established Member
I work in food service. If I go in and I'm really sick, they send me home. No need to call in. The last time I called in was when my girlfriend got in a wreck (she was fine but they did some xrays at the hospital to make sure). Funny thing is, I was kayaking with my GM that day and had to call in. He dropped me off soaking wet at the ER.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Not that I HAVE to be on my death bed to call in, but I personally dont call in unless I actually really am sick. I think ever since I started working, I have called in only 3-4 times.

Coiled03

Established Member
+1

My father once told me...

You can be sick at home, or you can be sick at work...
Whats the difference?

The difference is at home, you don't share your germs with everyone else in the office.

I generally don't call in sick unless I'm feeling like death warmed over. But, recently, I've come to think that I'm probably costing the company less in the long run if I stay home when I'm sick. If I stay home, fewer people will get sick, and fewer man hours will be lost.

I dunno......maybe I'm just trying to make up a reason to stay home. :shrug:

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
The difference is at home, you don't share your germs with everyone else in the office.

I generally don't call in sick unless I'm feeling like death warmed over. But, recently, I've come to think that I'm probably costing the company less in the long run if I stay home when I'm sick. If I stay home, fewer people will get sick, and fewer man hours will be lost.

I dunno......maybe I'm just trying to make up a reason to stay home. :shrug:

My company hates when sick people show up for this reason. They send them home immediatly. Even if it's just a cough.

Users who are viewing this thread