How often do you call in...?

How often do you call in...?

• Once a week

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Once a month

Votes: 16 6.4%
  • Couple times a year

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • I have to be on my friggin' death bed to call in...

Votes: 141 56.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sonicblu03

Established Member
I call in "sick" a few times a year. Most of my sick hours that I use are for my daughter's appointments for doctor and dentist

I work for the government so it is paid. Just bought a house so I might be sick a few days this summer for yard projects, etc.......

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
I don't call in sick, but rather e-mail if I need a day off. I get 12 paid sick days each year, on top of vacation, comp time and holidays. I can roll them over and put them towards retirement, so I try to save them unless needed.

I went to a family funeral last year and planned to use sick time to cover it. My boss let me use emergency leave which doesn't come from my time off pool.

I've got 264 hours of sick time banked up LOL :banana:

Last edited:

ASUSMC

Oh Hi!!!
Established Member
So far this year I have called in twice. Once when my dog got out and I literally spent all day searching the neighborhoods looking for him. The second was when my mom was in the hospital. I get 2 weeks vacation and 3 sick days a year but all the hours come out of the same pool so essentially I get 104 hours a year off. Last year I got paid for one weeks worth of vacation time that was unused.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
My company hates when sick people show up for this reason. They send them home immediatly. Even if it's just a cough.

+1, it's understood that even if you have a slight fever don't come in. We don't have a set number of sick days; the company has insurance that pays them for employee's missed time, so they would rather you stay home and get better than you come to work and get everyone else sick.

Moparkidd

can i get a check 1,2 uhh
Established Member
im only 19, and ive been at the place i work for 2 years, and i've only called in sick once. i work in a feedmill and its extremely dusty and my boss made me take a day off because i had been sick for a week and i wasnt getting any better, she told me to take a day and go to the doctor, i hate missing work, im one of those who shows up 30 minutes early and leaves 15 minutes late.

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
HR looks for patterns.
Alcoholics/drug addicts definitely have patterns.
Opps Alcohol is also a drug.....
Like people have already said, during this economy or lack of, the short list is on people who seem to have trouble making it to work.
Good luck
Jeff

kaostik

Established Member
F' that.

i work hard, i deserve some quality free time for myself when i damn well please.

ill take days off responsibly. so long as i know my absence wont affect the job, sure, ill call in 'not sick' maybe twice a year.

JDStud6

Established Member
I have worked over over 3.5 years and have only called in sick twice. My previous job I had for 2 years and only called in sick once....I had a massive hangover :beer:

Mine carry over from year to year, so I'm just saving them up for when I do need them. I have a feeling I'll be going to some funerals in the not too distant future so I'll use them for that. :(

I am the same way with vacation though. I just used 2 vacation days last week to go to the Masters and I still have over 2 weeks saved up.

JD

Blk04Snake

Established Member
I used to get 4 sick days a year. I used to use two of them and always sold 2 of them back for 125% because that's what was in our contract. Now that I'm management, and I don't have any strict office hours (alot of road time) I just man the phone and keep my eyes on the email if I'm sick or I want to screw off that day.

10thAnnvCobra

Member MACA
Established Member
On my death bed and then maybe... I'm paid by commission and can't afford not to work. Even if I do have to call in... I'm still working out of the house. :coolman:

Last edited:

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Well I have my own business now so its not an option, at the job before I missed one day in two years, the job before that I missed about two half days. I always at least go in unless I just CAN'T get out of bed. Being in charge and having to deal with a last minute no show makes you always go in.

Users who are viewing this thread