How Much is Reasonable for an Engagement Ring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member
I think the rule is one months salary. I have be engaged for 20 years so things may have changed.

RI-SVT

TVS Powered
Established Member
I spend shy of 2k 8yrs ago, I've seen many friends spends tons of money on rings, only you knows your lady, It's bragging rights for woman.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
I had always thought the rule of thumb was supposed to be 2-3 months' of your salary (take home).

That being said, don't!!! lol

whobock

Tipton Co. Garbage Truck
Established Member
If it takes an expensive ring to make your woman happy you're starting off on the wrong foot anyway.
Thank God my wife is low maintenance.
And we eloped. bought some land and built a house instead of an expensive wedding.
Some of my brother in laws are still trying to pay for the ring and wedding.

RI-SVT

TVS Powered
Established Member
The jewelry industry would want you to spend 12 weeks worth of pay on a ring as a standard, they are the ones that drill that into our heads GTFOH

verbal

Established Member
I spend shy of 2k 8yrs ago, I've seen many friends spends tons of money on rings, only you knows your lady, It's bragging rights for woman.

This. If your future wife thinks it is important to have a nice ring then spend the money and make her happy. I would probably try to figure out what she wants.

I spent about $7k 6 years ago which seemed to be the norm with others my age. My one friend spent $20k and I thought he was nuts.

sdleo26

Established Member
An engagement ring for a women is like a motor for us... Buy what you can afford... I had to do it twice, needed a Mulligan the first time around ... when I think about the money I spent I on engagement rings I get sick, but my wife doesn't ask for anything and I spend whatever I want on cars and she says nothing, so it all works.

Voltwings

Established Member
^^ Mine got me a nice watch when we got engaged. Didn't cost anything near what her ring did haha. Honestly, if it did though, i probably would never wear it.

Clarity > Size, as far as i was concerned, I spent $5k on a 3/4 karat solitaire. It is a plain silver band, but has a nearly flawless diamond. I planned on spending much less than that, but the place i bought from had 12 month financing and 18 month financing no interest, and the difference between the 12 and 18 month made my note the exact same on the nicer ring, so i went for it.

We were young when we got engaged, and i was still in school, there was no way in hell i could have paid cash for it so the financing was nice. Plus, the store offers one hell of a protection plan for not that much money. I usually dont get protection plans on ANYTHING, but all 3 rings (mine, her engagement ring, and wedding band) have them and i didn't spend all that much.

sdleo26

Established Member
But did you expect your girl to buy you a motor as a prerequisite to marriage?

Completely agree, however, we don't have tits ... lol, they could rule the world if they knew what they were doing!!! a good piece of ass makes you do crazy things!!! Lmao

Buckwheat 1

I like Blm junk in my butt
Established Member

Coming Up

WeStayClean
Established Member
bought a pre owned tiffany ring with matching band for 4k. took it to tiffany, had it authenticated, resized and polished. still have to pop the question though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread