How much horsepower ? Steggy V plus !

gonz03term

Established Member
Sup people , my 03 Termi is going back to Swansons Performance for a retune .
Currently :

Eaton 2.8 upper
K&N FIPK
BBK o/r x-pipe
Flowmaster catback
456rwh 450rwt

Now i'm installing parts :

Stage V Steggy plus
K&N FIPK
2.8 upper 2lb lower
port matched Dragon tb/pl
Boost-a-pump
Magnaflow catted x-pipe
Flowmaster catback
? rwh ? rwt

Also MM strut tower brace and new Nitto 555r's

What kind of power will my car make ? I want to get this car into the 11's ..

On a 91 octane street tune ? I'll post numbers in two weeks , after my March 19th dyno day ...

Last edited:

gonz03term

Established Member
you might want to look into a MAFia or some sort of bigger MAF, or it will be 0 rwh and 0tq

Swansons says we won't peg the maf . I asked about that .. I'm guessing 510-515rwh . My brother pegged his maf at 500rwh on his Whippled 01 Lightning.. We'll see soon enough.. Thanks

Montanasvt

Established Member
I pegged mine with a 2.8 upper only, as well as my room mate, along with numerous other people... I advise you to re-consider esp. with a ported blower and a 2lb lower... Good luck...

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Your going to need a MAFia or a bigger MAF...once you get that ported blower there is NO way your not gonna max the stock MAF

Volatile

Destroyer of Alternators
Established Member
Everyone's car's a little different, but I can't see you not needing one of the MAF mods. Mine was almost pegged at 455rwhp 461rwtq.

gonz03term

Established Member
I figured maybe injectors would be needed . If the maf pegs out , then what ? The car will have to be detuned for a lower power level ? What will that mean to me ? Too much airflow , and the stock maf can't meter it ? I don't want to get the car tuned and have to go back later on with a new maf . Maybe better i don't take any chances . Huh ?

Last edited:

Montanasvt

Established Member
I figured maybe injectors would be needed . If the maf pegs out , then what ? The car will have to be detuned for a lower power level ? What will that mean to me ? Too much airflow , and the stock maf can't meter it ? I don't want to get the car tuned and have to go back later on with a new maf . Maybe better i don't take any chances . Huh ?

Yea I forgot about injectors... you may need those as well...I don't think the car can be de-tuned to handle less air... but Im not 100% sure...

I wouldn't take the chances... get the injectors and MAFia before you go get it dyno tuned... that way you save time and money and do it right...

jrock817

The Sandman
Established Member
yeah, do everyhting you want, then get it tuned. wait the couple of weeks or however long it will take. especially because it costs money every time you want a dyno tune

gonz03term

Established Member
Swansons is ready with a new Maf and injectors

Yea I forgot about injectors... you may need those as well...I don't think the car can be de-tuned to handle less air... but Im not 100% sure...

I wouldn't take the chances... get the injectors and MAFia before you go get it dyno tuned... that way you save time and money and do it right...

Your right , so I just talked the guys at Swansons , and they have a SCT-2400 Maf that will work well with my set up.

They also have 60# injectors in case i need those.

So i think i'm good. I still have a dyno day planned for the 19th this month .. The guys at Swansons are guessing about 515rwh .. Still , 60 horses more will make a really big difference . Power and torque increased across the rpm band , not to mention throttle response.. My right foot is starting to twitch !

Thanks

gonz03term

Established Member
dyno tune cost money !

yeah, do everyhting you want, then get it tuned. wait the couple of weeks or however long it will take. especially because it costs money every time you want a dyno tune

You gotta good point.. Money , time , and some hassle.. If i'm not ready by the 19th , then i'll hold off another week or so. But now that i'm adding a SCT-2400 Maf and 60# injectors , i don't think i need anything else.. Do i ?

I'm ready to install the parts !

gonz03term

Established Member
Bap wire upgrade.

Not sure exactly what that is , but the guy that sold me the steggy and bap , said everything is included to install.. He even sent instructions .. He pulled the parts from his Cobra .. He is going twin turbo 800+ rear wheel horse .. Anyways , i'll find out this weekend .. when i get all the parts , and start the install...

gonz03term

Established Member
Sup people , my 03 Termi is going back to Swansons Performance for a retune .
Currently :

Eaton 2.8 upper
K&N FIPK
BBK o/r x-pipe
Flowmaster catback
456rwh 450rwt

Now i'm installing parts :

Stage V Steggy plus
K&N FIPK
2.8 upper 2lb lower
Boost-a-pump
Magnaflow catted x-pipe
Flowmaster catback
? rwh ? rwt

Also MM strut tower brace and new Nitto 555r's

What kind of power will my car make ? I want to get this car into the 11's ..

On a 91 octane street tune ? I'll post numbers in two weeks , after my March 19th dyno day ...

Well , after some unwanted drama (Magnaflow catted x-pipe went bad) , cats clogged and or broke into peices and melted ! Just three weeks after install , and tune with ported blower.. I had to reinstall my o/r x-pipe.. Oh well ...

Stage V Steggy plus
K&N FIPK
2.8 upper 2lb lower
Boost-a-pump
BBK o/r x-pipe
Flowmaster catback
AFS 17x10.5's satin w/gunmetal
315/35/17 Nitto 555r's
502rwh 473rwt

Before with the Magnaflow catted x-pipe numbers were slightly down..
494rwh 470rwt

Anyways , car is running good , Danny Swanson did another fine job of tuning my car.. I did not peg the maf or need injectors.. Both of which i had ready to install if needed..

Some suspension upgrades are on the way , then maybe a track day .. Thanks for looking at this.. Also , i have all my dyno sheets from when my car first went to Swansons Performance.. When i figure out how to load them , i will..

I'm happy to hit 500rwh , after i head overseas and do a military tour of duty , i'm gonna go with a twin screw.. I'm just going to cruise around and have fun for now....

Users who are viewing this thread