How many people don't drive their cobras enough

hotcobra03

Established Member
mine has been a bird crap target,

had just gotten a van to work out of,

cobra worked for 13yrs..now getting some much needed tlc..

I put maybe1k since new year's

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
Drive mine every chance I get. Normally results in 1500-2000 miles a year. Bought dec 07 with 24k. Currently has 47k. Some good years some bad

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Skitzerman

NE Philly
Established Member
LOL, owners like us are the reasons why no one ever sees these cars anymore LMAO!!!!!

This is an absolute fact. In the 16 years these cars have been around, I've never seen one on the road, out and about. If I lived in Podunk, Kackalacky, I could understand. I saw one at a car show the last few years, same car and owner and that is it. About eight years ago, I had two friends that had Cobra's, one was sold and the other is somewhere unknown. It's almost like they were sucked into a black hole. lol

01yellercobra

Established Member
I saw one on my way to work today. Made me wish I had driven mine.

I forget that some people have to put theirs up for the winter. That would kill me.
dc9f4b1f66661132e2031ec1990df3a8.jpg

prs97

Established Member
I definitely don't drive it enough. I average under 1,000 miles a year with it, hardly drove it last year, and only had it out twice so far this year.

Doesn't help that during a nice leisurely cruise last night, some weapons grade retard in an econo-blob blasted past me at 100+ miles an hour and then about 1/4 mile down the road, totaled it by smashing into some dude cruising in his Ferrari 360. What a d*ck.

Sharing the road with such carbon-based dumpster fires takes some of the shine off taking it out of the garage.

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
Mines been on jack stands since August last year. Full detailed and put a cover over her. Won't be out this year. Next summer I'm going to time!! Sitting pretty with 20,000 miles and not a scratch or ding!!

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
I bought my current one last Fall and have only driven it a few times since. My wife actually drove it while I pulled the R in a trailer to a big car show. She has driven the car more than I have now! It sits a little less than 4500 miles on the clock. I have a few garage queens. I normally fire them each up periodically and run an errand around town to get them a little exercise. I have a 2011 GT500 that I drive the snot out of. My 3 Cobras are waaay more rare and live cushy climate controlled lives. My sons will get some low-mile examples some day. In the mean time, I enjoy an occasional drive and I play with them in the garage.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Geez I get crap from people saying I never drive mine. Some of you guys really don't drive yours.

I've only put 10k miles on mine in 8 years. The miles don't reflect on how much I take it out though. A lot of my friends don't cruise much, so I go out 1-3 times a week for about an hour.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using the svtperformance.com mobile app

BADBOYSVT

Established Member
Your tires much have flat spot
Hasn’t left the garage in 2 years

That reason why I try force myself and take time out drive my cobra atleast 1 a month around my neighborhood .

Also $500 a years on insurance alone for the cobra . Kinda wasted not to drive lol

BMSTNG

Established Member
Bought mine with 3,600 miles in 2013, it now sits at 7k. Most of the mileage I put on the car is from long distance car shows. My wife often says to me why don't you use the car who are you saving it for. I sometimes think she's right. My response to her is sometimes I feel the pride of ownership is more pleasurable than driving it.

termin8rdsg

Established Member
Bought it with 18700 on the clock back in 2007, currently has 23060. Less than 5k in 11 years, yikes.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
To add fuel to the fire. I bet mine doesn’t even start right now. I unplugged the tender like 3 months ago.
I’m in a catch 22. It’s either stupid snowbird season, or pouring ass rain. It’s got bad here. Have you seen the way these northern idiots drive when they’re here? It’s ****ing scary.

TP 112

Established Member
I bought mine in November 2013 with 7,227 miles on it. As of today it sets with 8,912 miles on it. Man I’m dreading the day it hits 9K.

Users who are viewing this thread