How many people don't drive their cobras enough

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
Am averaging less than 500 miles a year since I've had it. That has skewed up as of recent because I'm taking the car on the Hot Rod Power Tour. It's the right way to enjoy the car and a damn fun week out of the year.

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
It used to be my daily driver, but after baby #4 came along it longer can hold all my kids at the same time. I got a 3rd car (cheap '04 MB S430) that can hold the kids in comfort. Most days I'm only taking 2 kids to school and picking up the baby from daycare - so I used to drive the Cobra every other day. The MB is just more convenient from day to day - so I've been driving the Cobra less and less. I think it's been sitting in the garage for 2 weeks straight now.

Cobra has about 83K miles on it and I used to put about 6K to 8K miles a year, but the last year I've only put about 3K on it, and I know I'm driving it less this year. It does need a few repairs that I hope to complete soon.

Still - every time I get behind the wheel the Cobra puts a stupid smile on my face. I can't picture myself ever getting rid of it.

jrichber

browser
Established Member
I do 1K-2K miles a year. Really only drive it to car shows or poker runs, and to work when its nice enough to have the top down. Every now and then when the family goes to eat somewhere. Hate to have to scrub bugs off every time, but if I am going to put less than 500 miles on it. What is the reason to have it?

50GTMach1

Established Member
bought my 04 cobra with 42k in 2012. has 138k now
bought my 94 Mustang GT in 1999 with 72K. Sold in 2017 with 340K

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
This is exactly why I sold mine. Sat in the garage and did not enjoy it enough...

Would only drive it on nice days... because rain would 1) make it dirty 2) no traction = no fun 3) salt and corrosion and Ford 4) comfort during commute 5) saving much of it for HPDE 6) rarely can use that much power on the street anyway.

So I bought an RS5 and damn it's a sweet daily in all weather conditions and allows me to scratch any auto itch I have whenever I'm in it.

Dip Dungles

Pew Pew
Established Member
Premium Member
Was going over my excel sheets and since I bought mine in 2016 I’ve put 5k on my Cobra.

At this rate I’ll hit 100k in 27ish years and I’ll be damned if my boys get this car.

Users who are viewing this thread