How many of you use your 03 as a daily driver?

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Originally posted by gandolf
i drive mine every day. thats why i bought it. i'm a sales manager at a l/m dealership,and part of my pay plan is a free demo. i can drive anything we sell,but,guess what??????? i drive the cobra.owning a car of this caliber is a rare and lucky thing, if u really like cars.there are 250,000,000 people in the states,not to mention europe,but only about 10,000 of these. mine won't go out in the snow,but that is not very many days a year.when i sit in that seat,and fire it up,and hear that exhaust bellowing out of open pipes,( yes, i am one who took the mufflers off completely! ) it is better than sex!.........well,maybe??? lol anyway,any of u who understand my ramblings here would agree, DRIVE THAT THING,BABY! ok ,my sermon is over,see ya on the road!!!

Holy crap! How loud is it without mufflers? :uh oh:

gandolf

Established Member
at idle it is really quiet,amazingly enough,but when u nail it.........,well lets just say it rocks!!! but all kidding aside, it isnt bad at all. it has a nascar kinda sound. man is it sweet at about 6000. if u dont stand in it it isnt loud enough to annoy people. all who hear it say they love it.but i can't bring myself to let anyone drive so i can listen!!!!!!!!!! lol

lethal

Established Member
Starting tomorrow mine will be driven every day.

Really, who cares to speculate about these cars future worth? ... I'd love to store mine away and protect it, but really... if that is his decision do you think anything you say will make him wake up and change his mind? Is there anything he will say that will make you change yours? Probably not, so agree to disagree.

He has his car, you have yours -- now play nice.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Yup daily driver. I just turned 5000 miles tonight. I average 60 miles a day and it costs me around 210/month in gas.

griffined

SVT driver
I work from a home office, so my miles are low to begin with. I drive the Cobra every other day on average, depending on the weather, and where I'm going and parking. Since May of last year I've put 42xx miles on the 01 Cobra. I expect I'll drive the 03 the same amount each year. My other car is a 90 SHO MTX. Better on gas, and I don't worry about getting a door ding on it.:rolling:

ArkangelX3

Established Member
Daily Driver here. I plan on shelving it from Nov-March........heyyyy wait Fuggggg that. I hope to be in Phx, AZ, where every day is summer/spring. Gonna drive the helllll out of it.

Live Life now, not later.

ssssnake

Established Member
Yes, I agree with STREETSNAKE - this car is meant to be driven! Ours is driven daily (about 25 miles roundtrip). I definitely enjoy the rides (we live by the ocean and cross a causeway that is about a mile or two long), very beautiful.

ssssnake

Established Member
Yes, I agree with STREETSNAKE - this car is meant to be driven! Ours is driven daily (about 25 miles roundtrip). I definitely enjoy the rides (we live by the ocean and cross a causeway that is about a mile or two long), very beautiful.

C_Record

Established Member
Originally posted by Berke
I never said it shouldn't be kept clean, I'm very meticulous about that. My comment was on being a daily driver or a garage queen.
I'm very skeptical about the future worth of these cars. Shelby GT500, which is rare, I can see, but they are building 10,000+ of these things. Not to mention it's built on a very out dated platform. I guarantee you'll never see more than sticker out of these cars down the road.
Not all people turn their vehicles into garage queens in hopes of cashing in on their future worth. I bought a new black '99 Explorer Sport. Was to be my daily driver. Nice and black and clean. Couldn't bring myself to get it dirty. Lowered it a bit, exhaust, shocks, wheels/tires, K&N. Turned it into a fair weather vehicle. I washed it at the dealer when I picked it up and once more at home the next day. It stays under cover, never driven in the rain and literally have not had to wash it in 3 years. It's always clean when I drive it, just turned 2,800 mi.(have beater Nissan pickup and '85 SVO), It's not worth anything but that's what I want to do with it. Will get dirty soon though, my '03 takes it's place when it comes in.

Users who are viewing this thread