How many of you use your 03 as a daily driver?

Forbidden Snake

Established Member
Just curious.....

Me? Unfortunately, not! Can't afford the damm gas! Besides, I don't want to rack up the miles too quickly... :D

I don't know about you guys, but my right foot is pretty heavy when I drive this baby! I go through a tank of gas every 3-4 days on average! That's about 180 miles per tank on average. That means $150-$180 on gas per month if I was to drive it daily! :(

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Originally posted by Forbidden Snake
Just curious.....

Me? Unfortunately, not! Can't afford the damm gas! Besides, I don't want to rack up the miles too quickly... :D

I don't know about you guys, but my right foot is pretty heavy when I drive this baby! I go through a tank of gas every 3-4 days on average! That's about 180 miles per tank on average. That means $150-$180 on gas per month if I was to drive it daily! :(

I drive it daily. It's not much worse than my Z28 is on gas :shrug:

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Daily driver.

13.25 mpg

Last tank got up to 14.6 though, so it's FINALLY getting better.

1600 miles

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
My Cobra is my Friday car. All other days I drive my modded 2000 GT that gets 20 MPG with 300 HP. Has a MagnaPack exhaust though, and I love that sound - so it is compensation at least.

mosconiac

Established Member
I drive it daily with a 90+mile round trip. I buy gas just about every other day :eek:(

I get 19-19.5mpg (210-220miles per tank), so gas costs me a minimum of $200 a month including what I use on the weekends.

On top of that, I'm washing it constantly...lousy rear brake pads. I'll wash it at night and by the time I get to work in the morning there is already a red hue to my rear wheels and brake dust collecting on my rear valance.

[sarcasm] Oh the price I pay to drive a cool car every day. Boo hoo, pity me. [/sarcasm]

Cobra03

Fordrarri
Established Member
Drive it every day 2 miles to work AND 2 miles home. Most days my 2 mile commute mysteriously takes 6-10 miles. I seem to get lost a lot in my 03 Cobra. Mostly on high speed exit ramps. :p

Jsears8

The Anti-Rice
Established Member
Damn! :( I was looking at getting an '03 as my daily driver, but I didn;t relize the gas mileage was so bad.:bash: I am used to spending $4 every 2 weeks on my CBR.:shrug:

Justin

1IDSPTTR

Established Member
Most every day

I bought both my Cobra's to enjoy the drive to work as much as possible. I work indoors, and having a 'vert means I usually get a little sunshine and fresh air once or twice a day. Top finally stays up once I get my first case of frostbite for the year, but until then, it's windows up, jacket on and heat turned up full blast. Of course it helps to live in the sunny south where the weather is warm and the gurls ripen early:beer:
Allan

IDAREU

Banned
This car will not be a daily driver for me. I plan on holding on to this car for 30yrs and then sell it when i'm 64 and use the money to help enjoy retirement.
I live in Buffalo ny and this car will be stored from nov until april, so the miles will be very low.
I just ordered a 2003 Saturn Vue, 18 grand and 0% for 60 months not bad for a new loaded suv with leather and one of the best crash test results in the suv category. oh yeah it wont rust either.
The Cobra is a pure and simple luxury for me and I am going to traet it as such, plan on ZERO MODS!

Don't rock, WOBBLE!:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

MongoCobra

Established Member
Yup, daily driver to Manhattan every day

need to enjoy the ride....

95cobra

Established Member
daily driver

i have a paid for 2dr explorer 4x4 i use every day and a 01 cobra as well. my 03 is just for the weekends and my days off. weather permitting of course! Way to go Buffalo with your storage! that's the way to do it.

skstang

Established Member
1IDSPTTR , Looks like you have some good pics. How about sharing some of those with me? I need a girl like that to pose with my car. I like to take pictures. A pair of them would be nice.:p :p :p :p :p

StreetSnake

Established Member
What is the sense of buying a car like this if you cant get out and enjoy it, for you guys up north I understand perfectly about garaging these things over the winter months. I would do the same. Idareyou, you could be dead in 30 years or god forbid 30 hours from now then what kind of pleasure would you have derived from that beautiful machine. Pull it out and DRIVE it and ENJOY it.:beer: :beer: :beer:

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but using a car as an investment is a REALLY bad idea, unless you are talking about a Ferrari. I would suggest you put some money into something else for retirement. Just my 2 cents, no offense intended. :shrug:

03_Snake

Established Member
Daily Driver with exceptions

I drive it about 15 miles each way to work except on days when I let my wife drive it. She works about 5 mins. from our home. There are a bunch of enthusiasts at her work, so she gets a ton of attention (er, the CAR gets the attention) when she takes it.

SVTDAN

Established Member
Living in Michigan mine will be stored from about Nov to April. All depends when they first start to spread salt on the roads. From April thru October it will be my primary driver. I'll park the truck.

Lobo

Established Member
Originally posted by StreetSnake
What is the sense of buying a car like this if you cant get out and enjoy it, for you guys up north I understand perfectly about garaging these things over the winter months. I would do the same. Idareyou, you could be dead in 30 years or god forbid 30 hours from now then what kind of pleasure would you have derived from that beautiful machine. Pull it out and DRIVE it and ENJOY it.:beer: :beer: :beer:

I couldn't have said it any better. This thing is meant to be DRIVEN.

Just about makes my day when I get in the car in the morning.

Dex

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Daily driven 03 vert here.
And since I'm in sunny south Texas, the top's down all year round too. :D

Users who are viewing this thread