How many of you use your 03 as a daily driver?

IRON MACHINE

Established Member
Daily driver - 62 miles per day. I just got done with a 2400 mile road trip last week from Michigan to Indy, to North Carolina, Virginia and back to Michigan. 2 months and now 6200 miles. I'll drive it in the winter, except when there's snow or heavy salt. Its a car meant to be driven. Did the same with my '01 Lightning, putting 20,000 miles on it in 9 months.

eddy z

Established Member
daily driver until first salt hits the streets, and then take out of storage until the last salt is dropped.. looking for a beater car presently...

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
My daily driver is my 88 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe.. which is incidently a lot more comfortable on trips than the Cobra as well.

The Cobra and the Fairlane are toys.

The Cobra runs.. the Fairlane... well.. I'm getting there.. SLOWLY.

blucobra03

Established Member
Not a daily driver and not a garage queen. Lets just say when the weather is nice and the right foot starts tingling, we go "CRUISIN" :burnout:

Berke

Super Genius
Established Member
Originally posted by SVTDAN
Living in Michigan mine will be stored from about Nov to April. All depends when they first start to spread salt on the roads. From April thru October it will be my primary driver. I'll park the truck.

I'm not trying to be a jerk but why not between Nov - Apr??? I live in MI also. I drove my motorcycle last year in every month but 1. My daily driver was a '01 Lightning w/ snow tires. I don't understand these people who have to pack away their mass produced Ford Mustangs. A Ferrari I could understand, but a we're talking about an mass produced car, albiet a very fast and fun to drive car.

Just my 2 cents.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Daily driver (nine mile round trip), weather permitting. It's a shame we only have something on the order of 320 "sun" days per year in San Antonio...:-D

IDAREU

Banned
Sure the car is a massed produced unit, however, there is no law on keeping nice. I just sold a 1988 asc mclaren with just 35k on it.
This summer I took that car to a local shelby club car show and you would not believe the difference in condtion of my car compared to must of the 86-93 mustangs there. It was really hard to find a clean one.
I have made the decision to keep this 03 cobra pure and I can understand moding the car out and driving the dickens out of one too. I'll had those cars and now I want one that is all mine and is going to stay clean. How many times have you heard older men complain of selling a great car they once had that now is worth crazy money(1967 shelby gt 500). Lets face it this is the fastest mustang ever factory build and it looks pretty good too. Those factors are the writing on the wall that this car is going to be sought after in the future and a clean unmoded 03 Cobra will bring all the money.
History always repeats itself!:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
Daily driven, but a rental is in order for business traveling of over 250 miles roundtrip...unless of course it involves a lot of twisty roads. ;-) :rolling:

BoneCrusher

Established Member
Originally posted by blucobra03
Not a daily driver and not a garage queen. Lets just say when the weather is nice and the right foot starts tingling, we go "CRUISIN" :burnout:

Exactly the same for me. Plus I still have fun driving my '93 Explorer Sport around. Too bad it's the end for the Ex Sport in '03.

Once the threat of snow hits here in PA she's hibernating.:sleeping:

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
Daily driver all the way. What fun would it be in the garage?????
Gas consumption is a bit tuff with a 90+ mile round trip ride to work each day.

03DOHC

Established Member
Daily driver for me and now that it's pretty much broken in it's hard to NOT get into the boost. Just too much damn fun! Still, I've been averaging 19mpg.

f4sfed

Established Member
Daily driver.

If I had another car to drive, I'd always be in the wrong one! If I took the Cobra, it'd snow! If I took the beater, I'd line up against a Viper at a stoplight. :) ...can't do it! I just CAN'T do it!

...however the good news is: I'm almost past my tendancy to sleep in the car. :-D J/K (...I'm not almost over it)

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
Daily driver for me and now that it's pretty much broken in it's hard to NOT get into the boost. Just too much damn fun! Still, I've been averaging 19mpg.

Dude, how in the FRIG do you get 19 MPG!!!:eek: I couldn't get 19 MPG IDLING!!!!

Berke

Super Genius
Established Member
Originally posted by idareu
Sure the car is a massed produced unit, however, there is no law on keeping nice. I just sold a 1988 asc mclaren with just 35k on it.
This summer I took that car to a local shelby club car show and you would not believe the difference in condtion of my car compared to must of the 86-93 mustangs there. It was really hard to find a clean one.
I have made the decision to keep this 03 cobra pure and I can understand moding the car out and driving the dickens out of one too. I'll had those cars and now I want one that is all mine and is going to stay clean. How many times have you heard older men complain of selling a great car they once had that now is worth crazy money(1967 shelby gt 500). Lets face it this is the fastest mustang ever factory build and it looks pretty good too. Those factors are the writing on the wall that this car is going to be sought after in the future and a clean unmoded 03 Cobra will bring all the money.
History always repeats itself!:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

I never said it shouldn't be kept clean, I'm very meticulous about that. My comment was on being a daily driver or a garage queen.
I'm very skeptical about the future worth of these cars. Shelby GT500, which is rare, I can see, but they are building 10,000+ of these things. Not to mention it's built on a very out dated platform. I guarantee you'll never see more than sticker out of these cars down the road.

Mac03Cobra

Texas Lightning Rod
Established Member
What was the question again? Drive when?

attachment.php

:lol:

Model TNT

Established Member
Drive a 99 Jeep for groceries, fishing, going to
Home Depot, and in lousy weather; and the '03
for dates, meetings with clients, and ramming
around, so 50/50.

FX-Man

Driving the Uber Fairmont
Established Member
Daily driver except for snow and fresh salt days when I'll drive the '90 GT. Then again if the last couple winters are any indication I wont put too many more miles on the GT. :coolman:

gandolf

Established Member
i drive mine every day. thats why i bought it. i'm a sales manager at a l/m dealership,and part of my pay plan is a free demo. i can drive anything we sell,but,guess what??????? i drive the cobra.owning a car of this caliber is a rare and lucky thing, if u really like cars.there are 250,000,000 people in the states,not to mention europe,but only about 10,000 of these. mine won't go out in the snow,but that is not very many days a year.when i sit in that seat,and fire it up,and hear that exhaust bellowing out of open pipes,( yes, i am one who took the mufflers off completely! ) it is better than sex!.........well,maybe??? lol anyway,any of u who understand my ramblings here would agree, DRIVE THAT THING,BABY! ok ,my sermon is over,see ya on the road!!!

Users who are viewing this thread