How many of you guys have "flaws" on your Cobra?

What kind of "flaws" if any do you have?

• Nope....its like the day it came off of the line.

Votes: 19 9.3%
  • A few chips here and there.

Votes: 138 67.6%
  • A ding here and there.

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • A few chips and dings here and there.

Votes: 35 17.2%
  • Something a little more then a flaw...more like damage!

Votes: 7 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
I "light" (no pun intended) on my little mishap, I was just wondering if anyone else has flaws on their Cobra and what they are?

My car made it over 6 years pretty flawless.

RoadRash

Established Member
I am proud to say my car has NO door dings and I go out of my way to park in the best places. This car is daily driven as well ...

The only flaw I have now is a blown engine .. that is another story ..

cbr repsol

Established Member
It depends if you dd your car... I drive mine daily so i have the usual few chips on the front bumper and lower part of the hood. Its probably from the freeway, if you want a perfect car dont drive it. But whats the fun in that?? If i bought my car new i would of done a clear bra, but i had no other option buying a used cobra. I just tried to get the cleanest one i could find when i did my purchase. :beer:

Red Poison

Over it
Established Member
Front bumper rock chipped to hell, chip in my hood and a small gash in my rear bumper. Gonna wait til I get around to painting the front bumper/hood and slap a 3M clear bra on it so I never have to worry about it again.

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
A few chips, and 4 lic plate bracket holes, in the original front bumper cover on my '03. No other flaws. But.. I have a new, painted, front bumper cover coming from Pershing auto.

Selling the original cover when I'm done will even help offset the cost of the new one. :rolling:

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
^^^ agreed, it just suks.. couple chips in the shitty paint on the hood and ft. fascia. curb rash ft. chin spoiler. Anybody else seeing the plastics getting sandblasted? the sidescoops? i'm not about to stop driving it though, it's my high

KINGCOBRA86

Tvs @ 22psi ftw
Established Member
my chin is scuffd a little, i dd my car too... i have 2 rock chips on the hood, one on the front bumper, but a hole lot of scrapes, from a home made mesh grill the prev owner put on, & screwd in place:bash:

Lloyd Xmas

*The Office* Junkie
Established Member
Few chips here and there for me. Mostly on my hood. There not bad, barely noticeable really but it bothers the hell of out me.

vladSVT

KB FTW
Established Member
It depends if you dd your car... I drive mine daily so i have the usual few chips on the front bumper and lower part of the hood. Its probably from the freeway, if you want a perfect car dont drive it. But whats the fun in that?? If i bought my car new i would of done a clear bra, but i had no other option buying a used cobra. I just tried to get the cleanest one i could find when i did my purchase. :beer:

Exactly what I have. Rock chips in the front bumper/alittle bit on the lower part of the hood, and super tiny one on left fender. I have no idea how I got them but I guess when you drive your car on the freeway stuff gets thrown at your car, including small rocks.

FAsnakes

الوزن الى القوة
Established Member
  • Chin spoiler scraped up pretty good
  • minor rock chips on the bumper
  • Exhaust scraped up
  • I dropped a bolt on my CCWs the other day, put a little ding in the wheel
  • The plastic piece for the instrument cluster has some fine scratches

I wouldn't have it any other way... I like to drive the car and i'm not gonna sweat the small things.
The awesome thing about these cars is everything is more than affordable to fix.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I have a couple small chips on the front bumper,and had a couple of pretty good size ones on the hood.In fact the one chip bugged me so much that I just re-painted the hood myself a few weeks back.The chin spoiler is really messed up,and I just took it off yesterday to refinish it also.
002-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

001-3.jpg

002-3.jpg

UFGatorGuy20

UFGatorGuy20
Established Member
I'm really happy with the condition of my car at 90,000 miles. Typical front hood and front bumper rocks nicks, but other than that, only thing noticeable are some scuffs on the side kick panels.

ram360

Running on 7 Cylinders
Established Member
hood and front bumper need to be resprayed from rock chips.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
it's impossible to keep it perfect if you drive it all the time. you would have to have it in a garage 360 days out of the year with a blanket over it to have it in showroom condition.

Users who are viewing this thread