Votes: 27 5.1%
  • I haven't got mine yet, but I want...

Votes: 152 28.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SVTCOBRAKID

Established Member
Hey guys well let me throw in my two cents. I personally believe that Nitrous is stupid unless you seriously race your car and have lots of time to work on your car. I personally heard a comparison that using nitrous on an engine is like smoking for your lungs. However if you race nitrous is great. Just depends on what your needs are. TTYL guys

bfoley

Established Member
SVTCOBRAKID said:
Hey guys well let me throw in my two cents. I personally believe that Nitrous is stupid unless you seriously race your car and have lots of time to work on your car. I personally heard a comparison that using nitrous on an engine is like smoking for your lungs. However if you race nitrous is great. Just depends on what your needs are. TTYL guys

I have been smoking for years.. Using Nitrous for years too.. :thumbsup:

wolfsburg2

50 trimmed
Established Member
"I personally heard........"

as a rule of thumb, always believe everything you hear. Especially with regards to nitrous, because all the information out there is pure fact with zero opinion involved.

:bash:

nitrous is just better air. that's it. how's is that like smopking to your lungs?

wolfsburg2

50 trimmed
Established Member
shocker 420 said:
I thought that Nitrous was really hard on the motor and what not.

Nitrous gets a bad rap because of idiots and cheapasses, or cheapass idiots :)

Nitrous is just better air.

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
nitrous is no more harder on an engine than a supercharger. I would argue that nitrous is safer - it does, after all, have an off switch ;)

RixSikcobra04

shocker 420 said:
I thought that Nitrous was really hard on the motor and what not.

Here we go, pay attention. I'm not trying to be a jerk here, just informing you because it appears that you are just asking due to your lack of knowledge on the subject. and I don't want you to be misinformed..Nitrous Oxide DOES NOT mess up your motor.....

I'm gonna put this simple and if ya wanna look up more later(or ask), you can. ANY modification(power adder)in theory decreases the life of your motor. Not by blowing it up, but by just wear and tear. Its a trade off...performance for reliability. Picture a scale, as one(reliability) increases the other(performance)decreases and visa versa. Turbos, blowers, performance cams, pullies, advanced timing, and of course N20 among other things all do this. With that said, N20 is an inert gas, meaning it by itself is NOT combustible. All it does is increase oxygen levels in the combustion chamber so you can add more fuel to burn which will increase hp and tq. AGAIN, turbos, blowers do the same thing, just mechanically instead of by bottle pressure. It is the tune which screws up motors, its people not doing their :read: that causes catostophic failures, not the N20. It's a delicate balance of mixtures in our motors and if they're throw outta whack, no matter what modification it is, you're gonna have trouble. Honestly, it's not that hard to preserve this delicate balance in the motor if ya do your homework. I've been sprayin' for years on 2 different cars and NEVER had a failure do to the N20. I hope this helps for ya. :beer:

J's98Snake

Established Member
What if we have both N2O and Boost...maybe a little water/methanol injection for good measures:D

bfoley

Established Member
J's98Snake said:
What if we have both N2O and Boost...maybe a little water/methanol injection for good measures:D

I'll let you know in a couple weeks...

cKjuiced

Got Juice?
Established Member
Grocery getter

Below is my little gorcery getter. I've sprayed as much as 225 on the stock block. Nothing like a 96 vert, the slowest GT ever made in production history going 11.78 with a tune and alot of nitrous. :) It's completely electronic and unlike popular beleif, very good for the motor. Of course not that large of a dose...
engine.JPG

SVTCobra306

Established Member
Nitrous here (well, not officially yet, the Solenoids and nozzle are in, putting in the bottle and wiring it all up tomorrow.....)

NX Wet kit w/GEN X2 package.

Mechanic

I am a Honky
Established Member
Just got mine in. What a gas! I took my sweet ass time putting it in and tuning it. Beleive me its well worth it. Also put some tr6's @.035" car is smooth now.

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
Mechanic said:
Just got mine in. What a gas! I took my sweet ass time putting it in and tuning it. Beleive me its well worth it. Also put some tr6's @.035" car is smooth now.

my car idles like crap with plugs gapped that low. but i have to keep em that low for nitrous.

J's98Snake

Established Member
I run good ole Autolite 764s gapped at .031 runs like a dream witht he stock ignition.

I get tuned with boost + N20 + methanol on Sep 15th:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread