Votes: 152 28.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
little boys are bottle fed.....

Its funny how we change so much....I had the "little boys are bottle fed real men get blown" sticker on my supercharged gt. Now that I cant afford the S/C for the cobra I have changed tunes. I will run Nitrous till I am blue in the face. :dw:

Or at least till i toast the motor...but hopefully that wont happen!!:burn:

Joe Lynch

Established Member
Nitrous Newbie, but learning. Best so far in 3900 feet air is 11.63 with a 1.43 60'. And this is a 'vert on a 100 shot. I couldn't believe the hit on the launch. Juice is fun at this altitude.
Joe Lynch

SVT99

Originally posted by Joe Lynch
Nitrous Newbie, but learning. Best so far in 3900 feet air is 11.63 with a 1.43 60'. And this is a 'vert on a 100 shot. I couldn't believe the hit on the launch. Juice is fun at this altitude.
Joe Lynch
I love it how Joe calls himself a newbie then casually throws his 1.4x short time and mid 11 ET at ~4000' in the same sentence. :D

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Thinking about adding an NX system to ward off those juiced Vettes..

jumpincactus

Warriors come out to play
Established Member
Question what is the longevity of our mills with nitrous. Not up much on the whole No2 scene it used to make a good supercharger for bongs :)

Joe Lynch

Established Member
SVT99--What I meant was......only 18 runs on the juice to date, over 300 on motor, Nitrous Newbie, not Cobra Newbie. And it definitely is a different world. When I have 50 runs on a 150 shot under my belt, I will drop the Nitrous Newbie adjective, LOL.

Joe

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Originally posted by jumpincactus
Question what is the longevity of our mills with nitrous. Not up much on the whole No2 scene it used to make a good supercharger for bongs :)

N2O is like any power adder. In moderation and with a good tune the motors will last. When you get too greedy with the boost or size of the N2O shot, or when the tune is too far off, that's when bad things happen to good Stangs.:beer:

Joe Lynch

Established Member
Well this is an old thread, but I have a recent video of what nitous is really good for......launching!! This run is at 3000 feet alitude on a 100 shot and a stock motor. Some of you supercharger guys might want to see what you are missing out on for the first 60'.

I watch this often, since I have the engine out for forged rods and pistons, and p/p heads and cams. The little 'vert better got 10s at sea level.

http://www.anythingcars.com/users/jlynch/pen0314launch.mpg

Joe

snake6026

Established Member
Between the previous owner and I my car has had 20 bottles run through it on the 100,000 mile all original motor and it still runs like a champ!I was going to go ahead and install the SHM forged short block I have sitting in the garage,but I figured i'd wait for the "Big Bang" on the stocker.:beer:

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
I haven't got mine yet, but I want...A custom kit with NX nozzles and NOS solenoids...

wolves

Established Member
almost there

Will be joing the ranks of nitrous users starting on Sunday. Kit is to be completed this weekend, 100 shot nx wet kits. Cannot wait to get it tuned and ready for use.

Peter

Established Member

snake8u

Established Member
Thanks Peter. I have not got it dynoed yet but I plan on it at the next NMRA event. It's free, but they usually have a big line to get it done. I'll try to get the #'s posted when I get it done.:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread