How Many guys in here from MICHIGAN

SVT32VDOHC

Established Member
On this Mystic Chrome ’04 Cobra -- the entire long block is stock, and so is the 6-speed transmission. The stock clutch was replaced with nothing more then another “stock replacement” Ford Cobra clutch kit. We found these to hold up quite well in Terminators that are making pretty substantial power levels, and the stock Cobra clutch offers the best in all around street ability and pedal effort with no chattering from a dead start.

How long did you run your car on the stock clutch? Did it get killed at the track?

Reason I ask...is my 6,200 mile 04 is making almost 600RWHP and I know the clutch is stock. Sometimes I think I smell clutch, but it holds just fine and doesn't slip. I hope I can get the summer out of it. I will NOT be visiting the track every weekend, or dumping the clutch etc....

SVT32VDOHC

Established Member
yeah that was a fun night. those bikes were a little shocked! :-D

^^^See my post above this...I posted just before I was you reply....

Yeah....I didn't hang around long after that, because I was a little worried the law was coming...:lol1:

temptnu

temptnu
Established Member
On this Mystic Chrome ’04 Cobra -- the entire long block is stock, and so is the 6-speed transmission. The stock clutch was replaced with nothing more then another “stock replacement” Ford Cobra clutch kit. We found these to hold up quite well in Terminators that are making pretty substantial power levels, and the stock Cobra clutch offers the best in all around street ability and pedal effort with no chattering from a dead start.

How long did you run your car on the stock clutch? Did it get killed at the track?

Reason I ask...is my 6,200 mile 04 is making almost 600RWHP and I know the clutch is stock. Sometimes I think I smell clutch, but it holds just fine and doesn't slip. I hope I can get the summer out of it. I will NOT be visiting the track every weekend, or dumping the clutch etc....

i honestly never had a problem with the stock clutch. it was fine right until i took it out, sold it with the trans and as far as i know he had no problems with it either. i smelled it at the track a couple times but thats about it. never felt it slip or anything.

Rice Eatr

Established Member
I think i actully met you before.... at the autozone meet I think.

If you have a sonic coupe then yes I believe we met in Hartland.

nope. silver coupe and it runs real good and its always spotless as is mine.

I thought you were talking about a certain pristine 10.0 coupe that we both know. I thought I could get a rise of out him.

Glad to hear you got everything figured out. Maybe this year you can bolt on a set of slicks and see what that thing can reallly run.

Rice Eatr

Established Member
i honestly never had a problem with the stock clutch. it was fine right until i took it out, sold it with the trans and as far as i know he had no problems with it either. i smelled it at the track a couple times but thats about it. never felt it slip or anything.

OEM clutch here :beer:

temptnu

temptnu
Established Member
If you have a sonic coupe then yes I believe we met in Hartland.

I thought you were talking about a certain pristine 10.0 coupe that we both know. I thought I could get a rise of out him.

Glad to hear you got everything figured out. Maybe this year you can bolt on a set of slicks and see what that thing can reallly run.

not sure exactly who you mean?

jt239

Established Member
you can check out some pics on here: 2004 Mack 1 - Alternative Auto Performance

i have more but they are on my computer at home. ill post some up later

Yeah, seen those a while back but I know you had a rebuild last year. Your friend (J i think?) at Alternative was telling me you had ported heads, cams, obviously big fuel upgrades, and the auto. He also mentioned you liked to race bikes...lol! I cant imagine running with cars is much of a challenge these days...:rolling:

temptnu

temptnu
Established Member
Yeah, seen those a while back but I know you had a rebuild last year. Your friend (J i think?) at Alternative was telling me you had ported heads, cams, obviously big fuel upgrades, and the auto. He also mentioned you liked to race bikes...lol! I cant imagine running with cars is much of a challenge these days...:rolling:

yep. did all that last year. i think im pretty much done now. just want to drive it all year without doing anything to it

SVT32VDOHC

Established Member

Okay thanks. I'm sure mine is fine then. Maybe it's just the tires that I smelled, because they spun like I've never had tires spin before.

yep. did all that last year. i think im pretty much done now. just want to drive it all year without doing anything to it

That's how I am now. With my 96, I know I might have a race, but with my 04, I know there is very little that can beat me, so I just want to drive it. I've seen more cops already this year than I did all last year it seems like. It's not worth it. I already got pulled over and the cop was pist off, so eff speeding around anymore. :lol1:

TTBEAST

Established Member
I would like to meet up with you guys, Im taking my car to lidios for a race gas tune, I hope it puts out big numbers....

03Ken

Sleeper
Established Member

Clinton Township here.

Amen to that. Like that you did the auto. If i remember correctly you already had SRA. Traction shouldn't be an issue. Dangerous car! I just wanna by my bfg's and have some fun.

I have a black whippled '03, you and i met at Woody's. You were with a mutual friend who works at Lids.

temptnu

temptnu
Established Member
Clinton Township here.

Amen to that. Like that you did the auto. If i remember correctly you already had SRA. Traction shouldn't be an issue. Dangerous car! I just wanna by my bfg's and have some fun.

I have a black whippled '03, you and i met at Woody's. You were with a mutual friend who works at Lids.

i remember you. correct it had the SRA already. not sure if the auto was in it or not when we met

Users who are viewing this thread