How many getting the KB kit?

Gonna get it?

• Already ordered or ordering very soon.

Votes: 15 7.9%
  • Selling a kidney tomorrow and saving for it.

Votes: 24 12.6%
  • I'll consider it in the future.

Votes: 73 38.2%
  • No way it's a ripoff!

Votes: 79 41.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
I really hate to jump in on this post but.....

piss on the kenne bell kit...it isnt worth the money I am putting into my D1SC. I do like the roots blower for the seat of your pants feel however they have an expensive non performing kit. Sell it for 3k and it might be worth the money.
For anyone that wants to go fast I got 3 things to say.......
1. turbo(s)
2. T-Trim
3. D1SC

thats what it takes for an efficient horsepower gain...the most efficient of course being the all mighty turbo cars.

Snarf

Lacey Chabert FTW!
Established Member
KB's are nice blowers.. but goodness thats alot of cash for soemthing that isn't obviously better than everything else. For that price- it should drastically outperform everythign on the market.. I'm still going with the D1SC setup ..

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
Snarf said:
KB's are nice blowers.. but goodness thats alot of cash for soemthing that isn't obviously better than everything else. For that price- it should drastically outperform everythign on the market.. I'm still going with the D1SC setup ..

hooray!!! another smart one! :beer:

Cobie03

Established Member
I'll stick with my P1SC. No problems with 12k on the motor and will be forging my bottom end in the future for more boost. :bowdown:

railroad

Established Member
99 01 KB owners

If any of you 99 and 01 Cobra owners bought the KB kits, how about jumping in on the modularford.com web site.

thanks,

SGL

Banned
VenomousSVT said:
the KB 01 cobra kit can kiss my 670 hp butt...procharger for me

yep you've made your point known very clearly in the past. Now it's time for you to move on. :poke:

xason

10 seconds isn't cheap
Established Member
It's a rip off. You're looking to spend over $10,000 in all that is if you forge bottom end, intercooler, KB kit, all that shit. Not chump change.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
serpentnoir said:
yep you've made your point known very clearly in the past. Now it's time for you to move on. :poke:
thanbks glad you noticed.... i just dont want anyone to get ripped off. You get tired of hearing it too bad. If I stop one person from gettin reamed a new one from buying an overpriced under powered kit then I will keep on saying it.

If you want to go out and waste your money then go right ahead.. but be prepared when I say I told ya so.

Taz

Established Member
VenomousSVT said:
thanbks glad you noticed.... i just dont want anyone to get ripped off. You get tired of hearing it too bad. If I stop one person from gettin reamed a new one from buying an overpriced under powered kit then I will keep on saying it.

If you want to go out and waste your money then go right ahead.. but be prepared when I say I told ya so.

Gee, I've got one of those overpriced, underpowered kits. AND I JUST PLAIN LOVE IT! And gosh - I don't feel ripped off AT ALL. As I have told Ken Christley at KB more than once, I wouldn't sell my kit back to him for TWICE what I paid for it.

Obviously, we don't all share your opinons about what's a ripoff and what isn't, so why don't you take it down a notch there, hot dog? Everyone's entitled to his/her opinion, and you certainly have the right to share yours, but your manner of expressing it is just WAY over the line.

Either grow up or STFU!

T-

mlccar

SVT Poster
Established Member
Dyno Curves

Any of you centrifugal guys out there that want to send me your dyno data (out of the WINPEP7 software you can do a data file dump) please do so. For the same amount of peak boost I am betting that the KB cars will accelerate quicker and thus have shorter quarter mile times. Remember, the average acceleration is proportional to the area under the torque curve. A flat torque curve will in most cases result in a larger area, resulting in a quicker car. In fact, if the centri curve is approximated by a linearly rising curve, then for the same acceleration the centri will have to have a higher max boost. Couple this with the fact that it occurs at higher RPM and it is no wonder that more than a few centri guys have lunched their engines.

Send the data.

SGL

Banned
mlccar said:
Any of you centrifugal guys out there that want to send me your dyno data (out of the WINPEP7 software you can do a data file dump) please do so. For the same amount of peak boost I am betting that the KB cars will accelerate quicker and thus have shorter quarter mile times. Remember, the average acceleration is proportional to the area under the torque curve. A flat torque curve will in most cases result in a larger area, resulting in a quicker car. In fact, if the centri curve is approximated by a linearly rising curve, then for the same acceleration the centri will have to have a higher max boost. Couple this with the fact that it occurs at higher RPM and it is no wonder that more than a few centri guys have lunched their engines.

Send the data.

You are wasting your time. The centrifugal crowd is only interested in one thing: peak horsepower. It's all about bragging rights. When you show them how much torque your motor makes at low RPM they inevitably start talking about traction problems. And around we go again. Ignorance is bliss.

Tontate

Hardly Posts Anything
Established Member
mlccar said:
Fun kit. The non-ico version has issues with stock fuel system.
mlccar,

Can you elaborate on your statement? I'm curious if the non-ico kit is worth considering?

thanks

mlccar

SVT Poster
Established Member
Non-ico Kit

Yes it is worth considering. Get the non-ico kit and order 39 lb injectors from KB. Also order a ford FOCUS pump. Will add about 500 dollars to the kit but will save you an immense headache down the road.

Taz

Established Member
mlccar said:
Yes it is worth considering. Get the non-ico kit and order 39 lb injectors from KB. Also order a ford FOCUS pump. Will add about 500 dollars to the kit but will save you an immense headache down the road.

The KB pump works great too. It's only $125, and it's a plug-n-play replacement for the OEM unit. I think the KB pump is rated at 217 LPH without the BAP and 317 with it.

I bought the intercooled kit, which comes with the '03/'04 injectors, but no pump. I expected to have issues with the stock pump at high RPM (although I didn't bother to confrim my expectations), so I ordered the pump with the kit, and specified it on my KB chip order form, along with all the other aftermarket parts I'd be running with the twin-screw.

I received the chip with a tune that was right on the money. My dyno shop thinks I could squeeze a bit more HP out of the setup with a little more timing, but I'm so happy with the performance AND the driveability just exactly the way it is, that I'm keeping the KB tune.

T-

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
serpentnoir said:
You are wasting your time. The centrifugal crowd is only interested in one thing: peak horsepower. It's all about bragging rights. When you show them how much torque your motor makes at low RPM they inevitably start talking about traction problems. And around we go again. Ignorance is bliss.

I would go as far as saying us centrifugal guys are ignorant just because we want to get traction.. waht good is 600hp if you can out it to the pavement... roots or centrifugal? If you cant put it down your not going anywhere.... the more peak torque you are making down low dramatically decreases you chances of getting tractions....us "ignorant" centrifugal guys figured that out long ago.

Taz said:
Gee, I've got one of those overpriced, underpowered kits. AND I JUST PLAIN LOVE IT! And gosh - I don't feel ripped off AT ALL. As I have told Ken Christley at KB more than once, I wouldn't sell my kit back to him for TWICE what I paid for it.

Obviously, we don't all share your opinons about what's a ripoff and what isn't, so why don't you take it down a notch there, hot dog? Everyone's entitled to his/her opinion, and you certainly have the right to share yours, but your manner of expressing it is just WAY over the line.

Either grow up or STFU!

T-

Like you said we dont all have the same opinions, some people want more power some want more torque its all how you look at it. But dollar for dollar a KB kit doesnt make near the HP as a centrifugal blower and the torque it DOES produce isnt enough to make up for the 90 hp less the car makes at the tires.

Another thing dont call me down for getting too excited about it and then turn right around and tell me to shut the **** up... lets not be hyprocritical :nono:
thats like saying We do all have different opinions if your differs from mine STFU... :nono:

Taz

Established Member
VenomousSVT said:
I would go as far as saying us centrifugal guys are ignorant just because we want to get traction.. waht good is 600hp if you can out it to the pavement... roots or centrifugal? If you cant put it down your not going anywhere.... the more peak torque you are making down low dramatically decreases you chances of getting tractions....us "ignorant" centrifugal guys figured that out long ago.

Like you said we dont all have the same opinions, some people want more power some want more torque its all how you look at it. But dollar for dollar a KB kit doesnt make near the HP as a centrifugal blower and the torque it DOES produce isnt enough to make up for the 90 hp less the car makes at the tires.

Another thing dont call me down for getting too excited about it and then turn right around and tell me to shut the **** up... lets not be hyprocritical :nono:
thats like saying We do all have different opinions if your differs from mine STFU... :nono:

Oh, here we go again. Another dryer head on a mission from God to save the world from the evil demons at KB. Have you ever wondered why it's always the centri guys attacking KB? How come it's NEVER one of us jumping on you?

Maybe it's because WE'RE bright enough to realize it's YOUR money, and you're entitled to spend it as you wish. Personally, I don't care what you throw on your car. Your car, your money, and none of my business. Don't think for a second that each of US didn't look long and hard at those, especially when it looked like the KB kit was never going to happen. Obviously, each and every one of us weighed the advantages and disadvantages of each kit, and we bought the ones that provided what WE wanted with OUR money.

If I wanted a track car or a dyno queen, I would have slapped a turbo on my car. (Obviously, money wasn't an issue. As the centri crowd is always quick to point out, KB's aint cheap). But I didn't want a track car or a dyno queen. I wanted a power adder that would do exactly what a turbo or centri CANT DO - address the one glaring deficiency of the little mod motor: lack of low end torque. I wanted that fat torque and I got EXACTLY what I wanted.

My car is perfectly well-behaved in traffic - better, in fact, that it EVER was N/A. And I don't need to thrash it like Andretti to take advantage of the power on the street, where I do 99.9% of MY driving. I can be loafing along at 1800 RPM and roll my foot into the loud pedal, and the power is there RIGHT NOW. No long checkout line, so nice.

BTW, your allegation that your centri somehow puts the power to the ground better than my twin-screw belies your ignorance. You have OBVIOUSLY never driven a car equipped with a TS. Either that or you just plain can't drive. Yes, I can roast 'em till they're down to the belts IF I WANT. But I don't have a damned bit of trouble getting my ride to hook up, and I guarantee you that, from a hole shot, I can make you play some serious catch-up with your 600+ HP centri.

In today's disposable society, most people tend to mistake everything's worth for its relative price. They measure everything in terms of commodity pricing. Well, for all practical purposes, a Swatch watch tells time just as well as a Rolex. How do you suppose Rolex manages to sell all those overpriced watches?

If I were you, being the self-proclaimed consumer advocate that you are, I'd hunt down a Rolex forum and straighten those folks out. Why limit your crusade against "overpirced" products to power adders?

If you don't care about watches, how about cars in general? A Ferrari will suck the headlights out of an Aston Martin DB9. (Hell, MY car will suck the headlights out of a DB9!) How do you suppose Aston manages to sell those under-achiever cars? Why don't you go find an AM forum and crusade against those evil bastards?

Just one more question, who the hell appointed you the watchdog for everyone else's money? I don't remember seeing your name on the ballot.

Finally, as far as advising you to grow up or STFU, that wasn't some sweaty-palmed, glassy-eyed, emotionally charged attack, as many of your posts have been. It was advice offered quite calmly. And it still stands.

T-

mlccar

SVT Poster
Established Member
Data, Data, Data

Again to you centrifugal guys out there, lets see the data. I can make a direct numerical comparison between cobras of the same year. Give me the data and I will be able to tell you which s/c will get better 0-60 times. or we could continue to talk in abstract unmeasurables such as perceived traction (yes perceived because aside from skid pad tests traction is largely controlled in a straight line by the driver). We can compare two cars with the same max boost. Lets see the data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread