How many getting the KB kit?

Gonna get it?

• Already ordered or ordering very soon.

Votes: 15 7.9%
  • Selling a kidney tomorrow and saving for it.

Votes: 24 12.6%
  • I'll consider it in the future.

Votes: 73 38.2%
  • No way it's a ripoff!

Votes: 79 41.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wraith

Established Member
Not that I can afford it any way, but for $6800, I can think of a few things I'd do instead. Maybe an ATI Procharger or even a Turbo. Just my opinion though.

duece

Established Member
I would concider it mabey next year because I want a srew-roots type sc and thats the only one out there.I want it on a daily driven car.....

djtech

Established Member
I haven't even been able to come up with $$$ for tires this year, so no twin screw for me. I really wanted one of these blowers but have changed my mind.

ETA 5 yrs I will be slapping on a twin turbo :rolling:

bouncer18

Established Member
you can get a ProTurbo kit with headers and ALL SORTS of shit for that price

you can get a F3 blower from ATI for that price

svtcobra202

Flyers Fan
Established Member
I voted yes (sent my $500 deposit in December)

Well it is what I have been waiting for - so I am getting the 6.5 lb kit (90 maf and cold air) 426 rwhp (501 at the crank)is enough for me - My car is for weekend fun and that is plenty of power, what I like is the low end I am not interested in drag racing or top speed. The car will see some Auto-X and maybe some hot laps. I like the rush to 70 mph or so, and being in boost at low rpms. Was hoping to get the intercooled kit (and run lower boost for extra margin of "safety"') but the cost is a bit rich for me.

Even at 426 rwhp I better start saving for a T-56 tranny and put some $ aside for a forged short block.

It is my opinion the KB kit is worth the money. My decision came down to getting this kit or an 04 cobra. My 99 has been paid off for 3 years and I dont want another car payment. Besides my car only has 15,000 miles.

Mike C

CobraGirlSVT

Established Member
I'm abstaining. I put in my deposit to make this kit happen for my '99 but I won't be having my '99 much longer at this point.

I will buy a KB kit for my new Cobra, though. I've wanted a Kenne Bell kit for years and I WILL HAVE ONE.

djtech

Established Member
Originally posted by 01BlueCOBRA
what does (twin Screw) supercharger mean ?? i wonder if they do payments ??

Twin screw is the design of the rotors pushing the air in. Here is a video to explain:

whipple video

click the link @ bottom left of that page (how it works.)

dfw99cobra

Established Member
proturbokits.com
you can get a turbo w/ exhaust and front suspension plus a whole lot more for way cheaper than 6k

xspeed02

Established Member
I'm not impressed by his kit. I would have thought he would offer an intercooler as standard rather than such a pricey option. Can't you get an ATI Procharger with Intercooler for a much more reasonable price?

Wraith

Established Member
Without a good deal, $3800 or so for an ATI w/ 3 core intercooler. Thats good for mid 500's in horsepower. And I want to say that is rearwheel horspower too. Haven't looked into it recently, but ATI has been my choice for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread