How many DD Blown BOSS's out there?

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
I really want to add a v3. Need to find shop around me to do everything though.

10 years ago with my 03 cobra I drove down to JDM in NJ on a Wednesday and back home on Friday with a kenne bell. The one stop shopping was very nice. Should check to see if JDM is still in the game.

2012 Boss 302

Established Member
On the other hand, the vast majority of people read magazines and internet postings, go crazy with a VISA card on the internet after one too many and cut a blank check to a trendy performance vehicle shop to bolt on a variety of aftermarket parts to end up with an unreliable Frankenstein 1000rwhp monster with stock brakes, lowering springs, and 400lbs worth of baller stereo gear.

I guess I just got old at some point.

Me too. I do think 425-450 RWHP would be perfect though....

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
That is what I did and I got 522 rwhp out of a 5.0. that is somewhere between 590-625 flywheel HP. Who wouldn't be happy with that. See it at: mustangsdaily.com

No supercharger weight, no supercharger heat. But supercharger power at high rpms. Perfect for the track. And because it is a Boss, you don't have to build out the bottom end.

1/4 times yet? Lets us know how she does!

kbroush

Established Member
Ive thought about the hellion twin turbo kit. But im not a fan of sharing engine oil with the turbos in case there is an issue. If that kit turns out to be a huge success then maybe I will think about it. Otherwise, I will stay NA!

mtrsprt

Established Member
I will be supercharging my Boss in about 30 days. Still debating on the hardware/components I want to use...

V3-Si, V1-JT, PC D1/F1A, Novi 2200 Decisions, decisions......

SVTONY

Established Member
I totally understand the feeling - we are saying while that is appropriate in an all-out track car to be used on professionally prepared and monitored racetracks with EMS on standby, it is not appropriate in a car being used as your basic mode of transportation where your "racetrack" is covered in dirt, grime, loose debris, potholes, traffic lights, other drivers, and pedestrians (both of whom can easily negate any ability you have to control your car by their pure inability to drive).

I would hate to see another thread from a poster who knows you, a picture of your car wrapped around a telephone pole, and you in the hospital because it honestly did look like open ground and it did look like a safe time for a pull and shit just happens. Or worse, you hit somebody else and they pay for your mistake as well.

To each his own.

:dw: Jesus Christ it's a Mustang not a Lamborghini lol. Funny enough, the Lambo is actually safer to drive than an S197 balls out..

PS. I would have a boosted 13' Boss and be able to contribute to this thread, if Hellion could reply to the their own threads on here. Guess they don't want my business lol.

Last edited:

mike5876

Established Member
:dw: Jesus Christ it's a Mustang not a Lamborghini lol. Funny enough, the Lambo is actually safer to drive than an S197 balls out..

PS. I would have a boosted 13' Boss and be able to contribute to this thread, if Hellion could reply to the their own threads on here. Guess they don't want my business lol.

Hellion twin turbos going on my car tomorrow .......pm me your number I'll make sure you get treated right....mike

wikdlx

The Bone
Established Member
anyone with a Procharged Boss? I heard that at 11.6lbs of boost, full exhaust and a tune amde 706 RWHP, abuot 570rwhp at 7.6 lbs? I like the fact self contained oiling aspect.
I have a white 13 on order and plan to s/c it.....to hell with the collectors, I'm here to drive it :)

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
Your car is awesome! I'd love to KB mine but hate to remove that beautiful intake. That is why I'm considering turbo or centri.

If you only want to make 600hp, the car will live for a long time. Lots of GTs out there doing it. That's probably the limit on the POS MT82 imo.

I bought my Boss because it was orange and had a built bottom end. A solid axle Mustang with forged internals begs for boost!
I have no intentions of road racing, however, just got back from Boss track attack last weekend and it was fun. The cars were a bit lacking when you pushed the go pedal though. ;-)

To answer the OP's question, I would have no problems DD mine. The car is 100% streetable and I've driven it from SA to Dallas and back in a day without issue.

justthebest

Driving like it's my job
Established Member
Has anyone tried the Ford Racing blower offerings? There's no information regarding fitment for '13 Boss applications.

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
It's just a shame to remove the nice Boss intake. No doubt, a PD blower makes awesome torque and is easy to drive fast down the quarter, but the whole Boss intake is too nice to take off. lol

Scudman

I have a Vortech V3-SC on my Boss 302. I brought it to have fun and drive it. I have been a drag racer for 34 years so I love to drag race my car. My car is stock except for the supercharger and it made 656rwhp and 476 rwtq. I have been 10.60s at 134mph and that is driving the car to the drag strip 30 miles away then back home. It is very dependable and very driveable. Really you don't know it's there until you hit the gas. Its a blast to drive. Highly Recomend!

Are you thinking of taking it road racing on the track? I have a 2012 Laguna Seca...I'm thinking of putting on that Vortech V3-SC.... Thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread