How many DD Blown BOSS's out there?

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
Just curious how many people are SC'ing there Boss's and hows the overall reliability of the Boss engine when Boosted to around 600rwhp?? I have seen a few cover stories about boosted Boss's but not much from owners who have had the cars and DD them. thanks.

Boss3o2

Established Member
Probably won't see a whole lot. Most enthusiasts purchase a Boss 302, because of it's N/A Performance signature engine. S/C guys usually buy a GT or GT500, if boost is your thing.

Wiseguy

Established Member
A few Kb guys, but not sure about dd. This motor and powerband would be great with a vortech.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
I've never really felt the need for boost or moar power in this car, and its stablemate is a blown 2010 SS making mid-500's at the wheels.

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
Boss 302 is a road course car. Its always better to go n/a in road racing. Is there a car in grand am or world challenge or indycars or alms that is supercharged? there are some turbo cars, but no s/c so far as i know.

on a slightly different subject, what value is 600whp in a daily driver?

i must be getting old

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
Boss 302 is a road course car. Its always better to go n/a in road racing. Is there a car in grand am or world challenge or indycars or alms that is supercharged? there are some turbo cars, but no s/c so far as i know.

i must be getting old

^dude, although I agree with you, you just have to accept that most Boss owners have no intentions of road racing their brand new Boss. Most people bought it because it is a unique 'mustang' priced in-between a GT and a Shelby. To some people it is just a $43,500 blank canvas to enjoy any which way they please. I think sc'ing my Boss is borderline blasphemy however I love hearing what other people are doing with theirs :lol1:

It just so happens that these Boss's LOVE boost, quite possibly the best boost loving motor in the history of mustangs. 800+ on stock everything with an off the shelf blower kit :eek:

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member

i must be getting old

To that end, what value is 400? Simple - it's fun.

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
I have thought about selling the shelby and doing a TT Boss, but the whole input shaft thing scares me a little. It would probably be easier to TT the GT500 instead.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
If you only want to make 600hp, the car will live for a long time. Lots of GTs out there doing it. That's probably the limit on the POS MT82 imo.

I bought my Boss because it was orange and had a built bottom end. A solid axle Mustang with forged internals begs for boost!
I have no intentions of road racing, however, just got back from Boss track attack last weekend and it was fun. The cars were a bit lacking when you pushed the go pedal though. ;-)

To answer the OP's question, I would have no problems DD mine. The car is 100% streetable and I've driven it from SA to Dallas and back in a day without issue.

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
To that end, what value is 400? Simple - it's fun.

i can think of numerous ways that 400whp at 3500lbs can be used within the law and within the bounds of common sense.

i guess ive seen too many drivers with more hp than is prudent doing dangerous and destructive and deadly things with cars that were not meant to be driven that way on the street.

call me a prude.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
If you only want to make 600hp, the car will live for a long time. Lots of GTs out there doing it. That's probably the limit on the POS MT82 imo.

I bought my Boss because it was orange and had a built bottom end. A solid axle Mustang with forged internals begs for boost!
I have no intentions of road racing, however, just got back from Boss track attack last weekend and it was fun. The cars were a bit lacking when you pushed the go pedal though. ;-)

To answer the OP's question, I would have no problems DD mine. The car is 100% streetable and I've driven it from SA to Dallas and back in a day without issue.

WOW! Youve got a very nice setup there with the KB! How loud does she scream when you rape her?? :banana: thats one thing that i love to death and KB's is the scream they make when getting on it.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
WOW! Youve got a very nice setup there with the KB! How loud does she scream when you rape her?? :banana: thats one thing that i love to death and KB's is the scream they make when getting on it.

It's not very loud. The one on my Cobra is a lot louder.
The new auto tranny gets here tomorrow for the Boss. The purists are really gonna hate me now. :lol:

95PGTTech

Established Member
i can think of numerous ways that 400whp at 3500lbs can be used within the law and within the bounds of common sense.

i guess ive seen too many drivers with more hp than is prudent doing dangerous and destructive and deadly things with cars that were not meant to be driven that way on the street.

call me a prude.

Some people understand a balance between power, weight, braking, and suspension. Usually, you can find a high concentration of these people at tracks. They have a high understanding of dynamics, physics, and the actual mechanical workings of the vehicle and its parts.

On the other hand, the vast majority of people read magazines and internet postings, go crazy with a VISA card on the internet after one too many and cut a blank check to a trendy performance vehicle shop to bolt on a variety of aftermarket parts to end up with an unreliable Frankenstein 1000rwhp monster with stock brakes, lowering springs, and 400lbs worth of baller stereo gear.

I guess I just got old at some point.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
It's not very loud. The one on my Cobra is a lot louder.
The new auto tranny gets here tomorrow for the Boss. The purists are really gonna hate me now. :lol:

OHHHHH snap!! :burn: you are going to get burned by alot of these folks, but not me! Have fun thats what it is all about my friend :thumbsup:

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
Some people understand a balance between power, weight, braking, and suspension. Usually, you can find a high concentration of these people at tracks. They have a high understanding of dynamics, physics, and the actual mechanical workings of the vehicle and its parts.

On the other hand, the vast majority of people read magazines and internet postings, go crazy with a VISA card on the internet after one too many and cut a blank check to a trendy performance vehicle shop to bolt on a variety of aftermarket parts to end up with an unreliable Frankenstein 1000rwhp monster with stock brakes, lowering springs, and 400lbs worth of baller stereo gear.

I guess I just got old at some point.
I fully understand this as do many others its just if you can then you do. If my heart rate isnt sky high and my palms sweaty when i push the gas then i dont want it.

redline

Established Member
i am considering putting a paxton sc on mine. not too much hp ,but just enough reek hell on a zl1.

Users who are viewing this thread