How many DD Blown BOSS's out there?

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Lol...I don't understand some of the posts in this thread. A stock 2013 GT500 is just fine with it's 600rwhp from the factory, but a 600rwhp 2013 Boss is insane and irresponsible? :shrug:

kbroush

Established Member
Personally I think the boss is the perfect car to give boost. It has a better engine than a gt and is a lot lighter than the GT500. To each their own. I would like to see what people have done with the boss and some boost!

mtrsprt

Established Member
Personally I think the boss is the perfect car to give boost. It has a better engine than a gt and is a lot lighter than the GT500. To each their own. I would like to see what people have done with the boss and some boost!
My 2013 is going on the rollers Saturday morning. Procharged with a D1 compressor. Bringing some Sunoco 260GT+ along also for cranking the timing up for high #'s....

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
no i love the car and really can't think of something else I want (which is strange for me) but just don't see myself having it for too long. I don't track it, I've never taken it down the drag strip I haven't even had it over 5k rpms in weeks maybe months. Just seems like a waste of a great car.

CMIYC

Established Member
maybe if I did a V3 it would force me to keep it around longer.

DO IT!!! The black finish V3 looks incredible. Then when you get bored with it you can sell it to meeee!!! You already have the color boss with the CF5's and springs I want. Might as well get the blower I want too and save me from the hassle later on j/k lolol. Seriously though if you do get a blower I would so love a ride! I would drive to you and pay for your gas. I'd even wear a diaper in case I shat myself so I wouldn't ruin your Recaros :lol1:

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
this thread is weak without vids...........and not dyno vids. On the road or track..

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I really want to add a v3. Need to find shop around me to do everything though.

10 years ago with my 03 cobra I drove down to JDM in NJ on a Wednesday and back home on Friday with a kenne bell. The one stop shopping was very nice. Should check to see if JDM is still in the game.

If you want to come to Cincinnati, we can get you set up. If you don't want to come for the install, I can set you up with great prices on the V3 or the Paxton 2200 kits.

anyone with a Procharged Boss? I heard that at 11.6lbs of boost, full exhaust and a tune amde 706 RWHP, abuot 570rwhp at 7.6 lbs? I like the fact self contained oiling aspect.
I have a white 13 on order and plan to s/c it.....to hell with the collectors, I'm here to drive it :)

These cars love the centrificals, but the Paxton / Vortech's have so many advanatges over the procharger.

Better intercooler, lower IAT's, Better CAI Placement, uses the factory tensioner, doesn't add any additional stress to the crank, less expensive.

Plenty of options as well. V3 in satin, black, or polished, Paxton 2200 in satin or polished, competition kits,

See my thread here. Only additional item needed is a boss intake adapter for $60

And through the end of October, an additional $300 rebate from Vortech / Paxton

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-special-vortech-paxton-w-free-i-d-1000s.html

Last edited:

svt1111

Established Member
All the blower kits are good. Not one out there that I'd call junk. They all make tire frying, license loosing power, who cares if one makes 10 rwhp more than the next? Most guys aren't going to be able to use all the power anyway! lol.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
this thread is weak without vids...........and not dyno vids. On the road or track..

I will have some shortly.

6R80 install done!
Corn fuel system, done! (Fore Innovations Hat/Rails/dual walbro 405 pumps and ID 2000 injectors)

The tune will be finished in time for the TX Mile and well see just how fast the stock motor can go before it blows. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread