how fast is a mach 1 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
HOw the **** could a 420 hp cobra be barely faster than a 320 hp Mach..80 RWhp advantage = you walked.

Actually its 280rwhp to 360rwhp... same 80rwhp difference though... or 300rwtq to 360rwtq... in a Mach. The guy you are responding to is not driving a Mach, its a GT with a Mach motor, and it is quite modded.
On the matter of the Mach though.. I have raced Cobra's. I won 4 out of 4. Three times from a dig I got the same guy up to about 50-60mph (we didn't have much room, in stop and go highway traffic).
On a different occasion though, I got another Cobra from a dig to about 80mph, and pulled him quite a ways, by 80mph though, I shut down and he was right at my door. If we would have kept going, I would have been back a car or two by 100, and into 4th I'm guessing it would have been real bad for me.

I don't mind though. I shut down before 90 always... so I won in my mind. :p

I don't know what mods, never had the chance to find out. I don't know about driver skill, but they didn't seem to bad. I was bone stock in the first, and only cat-back and filter in the 2nd.

4.6 Rocket

Established Member
BmoseleyINC said:
Your argument means nothing, because we have been talking stock vs. stock. Who gives a **** if your full exhaust/intake/whatever mach 1 only gets beat by a car..it still gets beat and your modded. Stock vs. stock, it is not pretty.

That's what I was thinking. Yes a bolt on mach can hang with a cobra just like a bolt on ls1 can hang but not stock for stock.

What's hard to understand. Power levels go cobra, mach, gt for a reason.

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
Iamchris said:
Actually its 280rwhp to 360rwhp... same 80rwhp difference though... or 300rwtq to 360rwtq... in a Mach. The guy you are responding to is not driving a Mach, its a GT with a Mach motor, and it is quite modded.
On the matter of the Mach though.. I have raced Cobra's. I won 4 out of 4. Three times from a dig I got the same guy up to about 50-60mph (we didn't have much room, in stop and go highway traffic).
On a different occasion though, I got another Cobra from a dig to about 80mph, and pulled him quite a ways, by 80mph though, I shut down and he was right at my door. If we would have kept going, I would have been back a car or two by 100, and into 4th I'm guessing it would have been real bad for me.

I don't mind though. I shut down before 90 always... so I won in my mind. :p

I don't know what mods, never had the chance to find out. I don't know about driver skill, but they didn't seem to bad. I was bone stock in the first, and only cat-back and filter in the 2nd.

I knwo the RWHP figures, I was referring to hp at the crank.. though It's a pretty often occurance that Cobra's make more than 360, 90% make 370+.. I realize that 03 Cobr'as are difficult cars t odrive, but you should not be ahead of them..eve nwith the Irs, A respectable launch can be had..

Race some good drivers, and you will be singing a different tune.

baylorbear98GT

Established Member
Iamchris I am going to have to agree with Bmosely Inc. A stock Mach should get beat every time by a stock Cobra but my argument with him is that its not the raping that he makes it sound like.

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
4.6 Rocket said:
That's what I was thinking. Yes a bolt on mach can hang with a cobra just like a bolt on ls1 can hang but not stock for stock.

What's hard to understand. Power levels go cobra, mach, gt for a reason.

:beer: :beer:

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
32V GT said:
Iamchris I am going to have to agree with Bmosely Inc. A stock Mach should get beat every time by a stock Cobra but my argument with him is that its not the raping that he makes it sound like.

Well I stated earlier that stock vs stock is around a 3 car difference, so I wouldn't call it a RAPING, but it is a solid pull for sure.. Honestly, The 03 Cobra out traps the Mach by about 5-6 miles an hour. THroug hthe course of the gears, it's picking up it's pace over the mach the entire time. .Have you ever driven next to somebody at an even pace, then gave it throttle and pickup 5 miles an hour..that's alot when it comes to acclerating. 111-112 trap vs. 105-106 is a big difference ,and indicates alot of pull differences.

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
You are entitled to your opinion, but I don't personally subscribe to the opinion of others. I am intellegent enough to formulate my own opinion based of of facts and personal experience.

If you see my post on page 2, referencing the difference in weight, powerband and gearing ratios, maybe you can understand what I am getting at.
Regardless, I am only attempting to contribute to the conversation in a positive manner which I believe is conducive to fact finding.
I don't need you to believe I can beat a Cobra, and I don't need your support or admiration. It wont make a difference to me when I line up against another Cobra.

I think in a roll race from 30 onward, the Mach is guarenteed to lose, stock for stock, your taking away the Machs advantage. But from a dig to 80 or so, I don't agree with your opinion, I do not believe a Cobra will be handed the victory here.

Slow5.0

Established Member
I have raced plenty of 01 cobra's in my mach 1 and i have never lost to one, I did run 13.01@105 just on drag radials, never seen that from pre 03 cobras

baylorbear98GT

Established Member
Cool. I thought you were intending to imply that the Cobra would leave the Mach like I walk my buddies civic or something.

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
People seem to simply over simplify things, its never clear cut and dry.

I find the simplified and uneducated statements that people make to be annoying, and ignorant. A 380hp car does not always beat a 325hp car down the track, a Corvette is not always faster than a Mustang, a manual is not always faster than an auto, a 429 is not always faster than a 351(see Boss429 vs Boss351).

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
Iamchris said:
You are entitled to your opinion, but I don't personally subscribe to the opinion of others. I am intellegent enough to formulate my own opinion based of of facts and personal experience.

If you see my post on page 2, referencing the difference in weight, powerband and gearing ratios, maybe you can understand what I am getting at.
Regardless, I am only attempting to contribute to the conversation in a positive manner which I believe is conducive to fact finding.
I don't need you to believe I can beat a Cobra, and I don't need your support or admiration. It wont make a difference to me when I line up against another Cobra.

I think in a roll race from 30 onward, the Mach is guarenteed to lose, stock for stock, your taking away the Machs advantage. But from a dig to 80 or so, I don't agree with your opinion, I do not believe a Cobra will be handed the victory here.

Well that's fine, that's your opinion, It's just not possible considering the power advantage it has. Essentialy, your saying that A mach 1 and a 03 Cobra will pull the same in first and second gear :bs: I don't know where you got this ricer theory....My 99 Cobra is almost indentical to a Mach 1, I have raced 3 in it, and it was almost dead even everytime... we all now how close new-edge Cobra's and mach's are. Anyway, Well I have raced my buddy Dustin in his 04 Cobra many times, 3 of them being from about a 10 mph roll in first gear al lthe way through 4th gear. Now I am a better driver than him, and had the jump and He still put at least a car on me each gear all the way through 130.. Now 3-4 cars isn't hanging at all...

I don't se ehow in the world you can honestly think a mach 1 and an 03 Cobra are even until 80 mph, does not make sense. Every mach 1/Terminator race I have seen, ends up the same way, the Mach gets walked from the get go like it should. You are beating drivers, not the car. Race a good driver like I said, you will change your opinion. 03 Cobras are MUCh harder to get out of the hole than mach1's due to 100 more hp, plus irs..BUT as soon as the Cobra can be driven well out of the hole, you are a dead man, bottom line.

but hey it "YOUR OPINION" :lol:

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
I'll tell you what, do the math and get back to me. After gear ratios the Mach has a better power to weight ratio in first & second gear than the Cobra. If thats "ricer theory" then I'll gladly join the ricer crowd to simply escape the neanderthal theory that 1 + 1 = 3.

You don't seem to subscribe to the laws of common sense or reason, but rather to the school of thought which places the Cobra on an infalliable pedastal. Again, you are entitled to that opinion, but don't expect me to swallow your sh*t.

The Cobra is a sweet car, and the top Mustang performance model, but it is what it is.
A 3.38 1st gear is a hell of alot more conducive to making torque than a 2.66 gear.

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
Iamchris said:
I'll tell you what, do the math and get back to me. After gear ratios the Mach has a better power to weight ratio in first & second gear than the Cobra. If thats "ricer theory" then I'll gladly join the ricer crowd to simply escape the neanderthal theory that 1 + 1 = 3.

You don't seem to subscribe to the laws of common sense or reason, but rather to the school of thought which places the Cobra on an infalliable pedastal. Again, you are entitled to that opinion, but don't expect me to swallow your sh*t.

The Cobra is a sweet car, and the top Mustang performance model, but it is what it is.
A 3.38 1st gear is a hell of alot more conducive to making torque than a 2.66 gear.

hahaha right :poke: ..... 03 Cobras have 3;55's stock buddy..what do Mach 1's have? not 3;55's!!! Conductive at making torque? HAHA you crack me up!! an 03 cobra's final drive is shorter than a mach's, plus is that little thing that makes your argument that much more weak, A ****ing SUPERCHARGER!! Your little first gear ratio advantage you think you have is more than made up.

Im not saying the Cobra is an unbeatable car, but the fact is.. A 2003 Mach 1 cannot pull harder than a 2003 Cobra in ANY gear. why on earth would you think that? Given equal Traction, your mach will lose, end of story.

Wanna talk abotu neanderthal theory's...good god man, look in the mirror. Drop the hammer next to a Terminator in first gear and see what happens. 100hp advantage= you beat.

Last edited:

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
Are you retarded, or just so damn ignorant that you refuse to make sense of what your being told?
There are more gears in a car than the ring and pinion. Do you have a clue what the hell I just said? 1st and 2nd gear! There are gears in a transmission... what the hell do you think a transmission does?

:idea:
The Mach has a 3.38 1st gear and a 2.0 2nd gear, as the Cobra has a 2.66 and 1.77 I believe. They are nearly identical in 3rd a 1.32 vs. 1.3, and the exact same in 4th at 1:1. After that 5th in the Mach is almost identical to the Cobra's 6th and the 5th in the Cobra is just an extra OD gear for extra power up top.

Its the 1st two that I'm talking about...

Edited: Cobra is 1.77 2nd, not 1.97 like I thought

Last edited:

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
Iamchris said:
Are you retarded, or just so damn ignorant that you refuse to make sense of what your being told?
There are more gears in a car than the ring and pinion. Do you have a clue what the hell I just said? 1st and 2nd gear! There are gears in a transmission... what the hell do you think a transmission does?

:idea:
The Mach has a 3.38 1st gear and a 2.0 2nd gear, as the Cobra has a 2.66 and 1.97 I believe. They are nearly identical in 3rd a 1.32 vs. 1.3, and the exact same in 4th at 1:1. After that 5th in the Mach is almost identical to the Cobra's 6th and the 5th in the Cobra is just an extra OD gear for extra power up top.

Its the 1st two that I'm talking about...

I know exactly what you said, and I responded accordingly. Yes the Mach's 1-2 gears are shorter than the 03's, But the Cobra needs taller gears as it has a supercharger. Your mach 1 would pull better if both cars were N/A, but they are not. Your small advantage in your 1-2 gearing does not make up for the fact that I have 100 more hp than you...therefore making your "advantage" obsolete. Your Mach 1 is slower, get over it.

My slip-up was about final gearing, not Tranny gearing, but it makes no difference.

Last edited:

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
Iamchris said:
God, you are dumb... just do the math, if your capable.

NO, Im sorry but you are the idiot. You think because your mach 1 has a "better" 1-2 gearing, you can hang with an 03 cobra 1-2, YOU CANNOT.

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
I forgot that the S/C is magical and it accounts for more than just the horse power it creates... S/C or N/A makes no difference, all that matters is what the power band reads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread