how fast is a mach 1 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

joegt38

Established Member
Snakebite2k5 said:
I remember him racing a red lightning.. that truck scared the shit out of me cause it was so fast and loud. anyway thanks guys for all the
info now I wont worry about the mach..
Yeah, I hear the L. had a lot done to it, the L. beat him and he was sprayin 100shot... I got a vid of me beatin him like 3x... With the spray he was floatin in the 11s somewhere..

chuchomula

"Rehab'd Ricer"
Established Member
Pony65gt... I'll have to tell him to come down to Madera and maybe he can run your Mach and my L... We'll see what happens...

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
KB22Cobra said:
Mach's have a totally different powerband than 99-01 slowbra's, and 03/04 slowbra's. they pull harder in the lower and higher rpm ranges.

Agreed.

Bmoseley - I wouldn't say the mach would get worked. Lose - yes, Worked - no. The cobra is obviously faster. But I think the Mach would surprise a lot of people.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
chuchomula said:
Pony65gt... I'll have to tell him to come down to Madera and maybe he can run your Mach and my L... We'll see what happens...

Unfortunately......I am not one for street racing...we should set something up for the track. besides, It is my wife's car remember........I am lucky to be able to drive it once in awhile....LOL.......my 03 cobra vert though......that is definitely my decision.....unless you buy it first. ;-)

Snakebite2k3

Pray For The Dead To Rise
Established Member
Anybody know a good launching RPM with nittos with out hurting the IRS?
I rarely get to race my car here in chicago so I dont have good practice
on launching. when I practice I launch like @ 2k RPM that might be low but safe.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Oh and with your mods, you will definitely hand him his a$$ if he is stock. If he has said he can beat you, he is ****y, and I hope you do hand it to him.......unless he is lying and it is not stock.

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
ponygt65 said:
Agreed.

Bmoseley - I wouldn't say the mach would get worked. Lose - yes, Worked - no. The cobra is obviously faster. But I think the Mach would surprise a lot of people.

Well he should put 2-3 cars on him stock for stock. We'l lcall it beat, but not raped.

03ZincRcode

Established Member
BmoseleyINC said:
You cannot drive then. A 03 Cobra will pull a MAch 1 hard.

stock for stock, in the 1/4 mile, its kinda a drivers race, with the edge going to the cobra at the end. i know its sounds absurd, but its the truth. i have raced a few 03/04 cobras, some stock, some pullied. usually i will either tie, or edge out the stock ones, and only lose to the modded ones by just a couple of car lengths, 3 tops. now having said that, i am not in any way talking bad about the cobras. in fact i am thinking about trading my mach in on one. but ford did a good job when building the mach engine. and 03/04 cobra engine as well. :D

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
03ZincRcode said:
stock for stock, in the 1/4 mile, its kinda a drivers race, with the edge going to the cobra at the end. i know its sounds absurd, but its the truth. i have raced a few 03/04 cobras, some stock, some pullied. usually i will either tie, or edge out the stock ones, and only lose to the modded ones by just a couple of car lengths, 3 tops. now having said that, i am not in any way talking bad about the cobras. in fact i am thinking about trading my mach in on one. but ford did a good job when building the mach engine. and 03/04 cobra engine as well. :D

It's not a drivers race stock vs. stock.

4.6 Rocket

Established Member
03ZincRcode said:

A mach and a 03/04 cobra can be a drivers race in a 1/8th mile, but after that the cobra will pull. It's kinda like a GT racing a LS1, close in the 1/8th but not close in the 1/4. In the 1/4, cobra > mach 1

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
03ZincRcode said:
0-100, its a drivers race. thats basically the 1/4 mile. this is from my own personal experience.

RIGHT........ HAHAHAHA :lol: :lol: Bring your Mach 1 over to my house when my Terminator gets here..I promise you will be looking at Cobra taillights the second we drop the hammer.

4.6 Rocket

Established Member
03ZincRcode said:
0-100, its a drivers race. thats basically the 1/4 mile. this is from my own personal experience.

:eek: :poke:

BmoseleyINC said:
RIGHT........ HAHAHAHA :lol: :lol: Bring your Mach 1 over to my house when my Terminator gets here..I promise you will be looking at Cobra taillights the second we drop the hammer.

:rockon:

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
About the Terminator;
Stock to stock, I do not think its a drivers race on the 1/4...
The cobra generally runs about a half second faster in the 1/4 mile, talking good driver to good driver (12.6 vs. 13.0), average driver to average driver(12.9 vs. 13.4), or poor driver to poor driver(13.1 vs. 13.6). Talking about manual Machs mind you, the auto is even another half second slower, usually.

Can a stock Mach beat a stock Cobra in the 1/4 short of a catastophic event like a mis-shift? Yes. Like I said though, its rare.
If you just bring the Cobra out of the hole, run through gears at the proper shift points, and keep the pedal down, you will run down a Mach before 1320 comes.

Now, the fact is, the Mach actually has the advantage in 1st and 2nd gear vs. the Cobra. Based on WHP, curb weight, power band, and transmission gearing, a stock Mach has a better power to weight ratio through 1st and 2nd gear. The advantage goes back to the Cobra in 3rd by a moderate margin, but really takes off in 4th where the Mach doesn't have much of a chance.
In addition, the Mach will experience better weight transfer from a dig, and run more consistantly due to the Cobra's IRS. However, as the speeds increase and the cars run through gears, the Cobra will no longer suffer a gearing disadvantage, will overcome its weight transfer and heavier weight disdvantage, and additionally the IRS that was troublesome off the line now becomes an advantage as it will handle any compromise in the terrian far better than a solid axle.

Both cars are excellent. And even stock for stock, remember how easily the Cobra is upgraded. The Mach will always spend more money to keep up. While the Cobra will run 11's with a pulley, and a few bolt-ons, the Mach will need quite a few more bolt-ons to keep up.
When the Cobra straps on a KB or Whipple, the Mach will need to rebuild his rotating assembly, fuel rails, injectors, pumps and tank.
Disclaimer: There are quite a few Machs out there running on stock internals with no problems at all. Lidio I believe is running 10.5's, and I know CMLXGO is also running 10's... so its possible.

baylorbear98GT

Established Member
BmoseleyINC said:
You cannot drive then. A 03 Cobra will pull a MAch 1 hard.

That is B.S. :bs: My brother has an 04 and from a dig its a drivers race in my car and from a roll he only has about a car length around 130 or so or until I change into fifth, then its over.

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
32V GT said:
That is B.S. :bs: My brother has an 04 and from a dig its a drivers race in my car and from a roll he only has about a car length around 130 or so or until I change into fifth, then its over.

Man we have some shitty drivers here today dont we!!! Mach 1's do not have the power to hang with a Terminator until 130 mph. LEt me drive your Brothers Cobra..you wil lchange your whoel tune. HOw the **** could a 420 hp cobra be barely faster than a 320 hp Mach..80 RWhp advantage = you walked.

baylorbear98GT

Established Member
BmoseleyINC said:
Man we have some shitty drivers here today dont we!!! Mach 1's do not have the power to hang with a Terminator until 130 mph. LEt me drive your Brothers Cobra..you wil lchange your whoel tune. HOw the **** could a 420 hp cobra be barely faster than a 320 hp Mach..80 RWhp advantage = you walked.

Until YOU actually get a Cobra (or a Mach) don't act like you know how they drive based upon sheer power numbers. At the scale up here in Waco Scott's car weighed in almost 500 lbs. more than mine and he's got higer gears. I would still rather have his car and it is faster than mine but my car is fast enough that if he don't beat me to the sixty foot then I've got him.

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
32V GT said:
Until YOU actually get a Cobra (or a Mach) don't act like you know how they drive based upon sheer power numbers. At the scale up here in Waco Scott's car weighed in almost 500 lbs. more than mine and he's got higer gears. I would still rather have his car and it is faster than mine but my car is fast enough that if he don't beat me to the sixty foot then I've got him.

EXCUSE ME, but have driven/raced both 03, and04 Cobra's including kenne bell Cars alot. and I have raced many Mach1's on cruises ,highway races. I know exactly how fast they are can drive the shit out of them.

Your argument means nothing, because we have been talking stock vs. stock. Who gives a **** if your full exhaust/intake/whatever mach 1 only gets beat by a car..it still gets beat and your modded. Stock vs. stock, it is not pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread