How fast have you gotten the Tour?

Parmgeddon

Established Member
I have had mine up to close to 150.........it took me forever to get therethough......it felt fine...not as good as running 170+ in my mustang smoking a Porche on I-55

Fn'sh!t^

93svt 4 me !!
Established Member
When I had my CSVT, I had it up to just a little over 140mph as indicated on the speedo.

Pretty fun.

BTW empty highway close to the U.P.

I want to find out if my six speed accord can top that :p .

rmvurhdfmurass

Established Member
Originally posted by SteedaSVT
Stable as a tricylce doing 2mph the car seems to handle better at high speeds. I miss my CSVT:(

Ditto :(

Mine saw 140ish + (the expansion joints in the concrete made it kinda hard to look anywhere other than the road)

I miss the torque and hi end power, I have to downshift the Foci into fourth to get the same kinda pull I did from the Contour at 70... I guess that just stands to reason though...

rilestoneSVT

Established Member
Originally posted by Parmgeddon
I have had mine up to close to 150.........it took me forever to get therethough......it felt fine...not as good as running 170+ in my mustang smoking a Porche on I-55

There is a little stretch of highway off of I-55 by Joliet. I think its exit 252. Head west on that and within three miles you'll come to a bluff, in which you can see about five miles of empty, good condition, straight. I got mine up to about 135 but there was some farmer in a John Deer doing about 2mph that I had to slow down for. when I get another chance, I'm heading down there. With the slight downhill grade, I think I can hit 150, but only the GPS will tell.

Just an FYI

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by rilestoneSVT
There is a little stretch of highway off of I-55 by Joliet. I think its exit 252. Head west on that and within three miles you'll come to a bluff, in which you can see about five miles of empty, good condition, straight. I got mine up to about 135 but there was some farmer in a John Deer doing about 2mph that I had to slow down for. when I get another chance, I'm heading down there. With the slight downhill grade, I think I can hit 150, but only the GPS will tell.

Just an FYI
There are some very straight long and slightly downhill parts on I-39 too and being the road is about 12 years old its in great shape.....

Users who are viewing this thread