How fast have you gotten the Tour?

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
Last night was the first night I really got crazy and drove fast. I have gone 155 in my 99 Cobra but last night I was wondering how fast the SVT Contour's can go. No bs, I had the tour to 140 last night. I think they are advertised to cut out at 137:dw:
I have a superchip so that might be why I got to 140:shrug:

Anyway, how fast have you gotten the tour to go?

ps, mine was on the highway, at 1AM, no cars, no chance of me hurting anyone (except myself) as I could see straight ahead for a few miles. :beer:

only time Ive really beaten the car, but doesnt everyone see the limit?

Last edited:

SteedaSVT

Established Member
150mph on the speedo, so probably more like 144 or something.

By the way. The stock CSVT will run until it gets drag limited somewhere around 143ish.

SVTCuervo

Established Member
I haven't realy gone crazy with her yet but I had her up to like 125 once. And know I find my self doin these daily burst into the 100's. never gets old

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Twisty
I have only got to 120 because of limited space and the limit on the tours is 143mph but the chip might take that away.

The SVT isn't electronically limited, it's drag limited at 143.

I have had mine to an indicated 155, so that is somewhere around the advertised 140-ish.

That was with the stock suspension, it handled perfectly.

Dustyn

Established Member
I have been up to 130 in mine. I did it last night with three other people in the car. Had to test out the new spec clutch.

svo_dave

Established Member
How stable does FWD feel at 140?
I don't know about contour but in my focus it felt very stable, when I reached speeds above 140 in my stang it would feel pretty scary, of course it was 84 with stock suspension. The focus felt way different at 140+, but a sudden gust of wind still puts a good scare into me at that speed.

95Mike

Kick-Ass Grocery-Getter!
Established Member
I haven't gotten crazy, but I did 110 one day and it felt like I was only doing 80. Surprised me when I looked at the speedo. Other than that, I never speed. I too am fond of my license.

Brad

Banned
I had mine when I was 18 back in 98. I was stupid and got the speedo to read 150, so however fast that really is, is how fast I was going:-D

DemonSVT

The Mad Modder!
Established Member
SVT is drag limited in stock form to 143-144mph.

It's stable as a rock at those speeds. Definitely much stabler then any of it's SVT brethren.

The stock Speedo is a bit "over zealous" and tends to indicate high.

Without some serious power adder (forced induction, etc) getting past 150mph true speed is likely not going to happen.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
143ish on the speedo. And yes, as stated, its nice and smooth....just like your doing about 80ish.

Users who are viewing this thread