How fast have you gotten the Tour?

PhatSVT

Established Member
LOL yeah 95Mike has it. Hope it is doing him well.

RTStabler51-yeah 75 shot of NX nitrous (wet kit), just purchased 255 lph fuel pump to up the shot to a 100. Hoping 400 RWTQ.

95Mike

Kick-Ass Grocery-Getter!
Established Member
Originally posted by PhatSVT
LOL yeah 95Mike has it. Hope it is doing him well.

Sam,
I know you may not want to hear this, but I have had no problems with it whatsoever. Very worthwhile investment if you ask me. How's the stang treating you? I'd imagin it's pretty fun to drive with all that torque.

PhatSVT

Established Member
Mike-

I am glad it has worked out well for you. Really I am glad that I have gone back stock. Waranty is a plus as well. :) But at times I do miss the boooostah.

The bottle is a blast on the stang. Gonna up the shot as soon as I get that bigger fuel pump in. Then she should be really fun. :coolman:

fokkerwolf

Established Member
I took my bone stock '00 to 145 speedo on the way to autocross last weekend and only slowed down because of traffic so i dont know where mine tops out.

PhatSVT

Established Member
fokkerwolf- you were deffinitely going fast, but 145 MPH is more like 130-135. Our speedos are not by any means accurate. Still none-the-less you were flying. So you did in fact probably have some accelerating left. :-D

Sleepy99

Actually had the 'Tour at about 130+ for 10 miles or so on a road trip to NY. The is car is amazingly stable at high speeds, even with 85,XXX on the clock. Its funny when you're going that fast for that long you slow down to like 90 and feel like you're crawling! :-D

jblack

Established Member
I've had my bone stock '99 CSVT up to an indicated 140 MPH with three other people in the car.

It felt incredibly stable. :)

bullet 1

Established Member
hey could anyone tell me if the insurance on an SVTC is considered a sports car in cali. Or is considered a family car. BTW i hit 140 in SVTF.

Green SVT

Established Member
Don't know about California, but when I got the CSVT, my insurance went up like $9 from the Probe GT I had. Wasn't high at all.

-R-

bullet 1

Established Member
so it is not considered a sports car!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But you had a probe gt...............sports car!! What is it??????

1qwkpny

Established Member
One of my friends is a deputy in a small town so being pretty laid back he clocked me going a registered 142mph or 153mph on the speedometer. I duct taped the front end all off (fog lights, upper and lower openings and the body seams) and 3 rolls of duct tape and about 45 minutes later she ran 154mph with the speedo at full tilt and she was bout wound out. I wouldn't suggest taping off you car as I did because it took 2 cans of "Accusolve" to remove the tape residue. Followed by a major wax job.

WIlawman

Established Member
I've had the CSVT up to about an indicated 105 or so, but it's thrown off even more by the 18's on there. I've had the SHO up to 130, though, and let me tell you, that is scary shit on stock brakes :nonono:

jblack

Established Member
OK, I got a new top speed last night. :)

An indicated 150. My GPS said I was going 145. :D

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
was the before or after the new motor ;)

Originally posted by 1qwkpny
One of my friends is a deputy in a small town so being pretty laid back he clocked me going a registered 142mph or 153mph on the speedometer. I duct taped the front end all off (fog lights, upper and lower openings and the body seams) and 3 rolls of duct tape and about 45 minutes later she ran 154mph with the speedo at full tilt and she was bout wound out. I wouldn't suggest taping off you car as I did because it took 2 cans of "Accusolve" to remove the tape residue. Followed by a major wax job.

Pb Foot

Established Member
158 on the speedo... had a lil' left in her. Handheld GPS indicated 149. And by far still the most stable car at those speeds I've ever been in.

chknhwk

143ish on the speedo and I let off there b/c that's where it's drag limited.
But now after 1.) hearing about the speedo's being off and and 2.) having the 3.0L I want to try it again! :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread