How fast have you gotten the Tour?

all costume SVT

Established Member
I've had mine up to 158 mph. at that point i would love to have a 6th gear! i took mine out on RT-195 in maryland at 3 in the morning. the car does handle grate at that speed but every bump makes the low-pro tores jump.

Dustyn

Established Member
Originally posted by Paul Vincent
Until the suspension starts to go, the CSVT is very stable at 140+ mph.
You make it sound like your going warp 9 and she starts to break up captain!!!! There went the mirrors oh there goes the shocks.;-) :lol: :rolling:

Jerky

Sum Sum Bling Bling
Established Member
Originally posted by Dustyn
You make it sound like your going warp 9 and she starts to break up captain!!!! There went the mirrors oh there goes the shocks.;-) :lol: :rolling:

:lol:

Dustyn

Established Member
Originally posted by Paul Vincent
Yes, I guess I did. Try this: Once the suspension has started to show wear, the CSVT can still be driven at 140+, but it isn't as easy to do.
I was just joshin ya.:p

zosopage

Established Member
Had mine to the 143 limit a few times. It's a lot of fun but I want to live a bit longer so I try not to do it to much.

Pb Foot

Established Member
Heh... I go over 120 almost every day on I-75 on the way to school... makes the 2 mile trip on the freeway about a minute long! Anyway... in alligator alley here in FL, I have had my SVT up to about 157-158 with 2 other people in the car... this was nearing redline, but, it was AMAZING how smooth and composed it was.... did not scare at all. It seems to have a decent amount of downforce... plus, with the contours .29 coefficient of drag, the wind doesn't take much effect. I also agree that it handles better at that speed... people are amazed on the highway. :burnout:

hellahydro

Around 140 on the Speedo with another person in the passenger seat and the car was phenomenal. I've had our Mustang up around 120-130 but I liked the SVT better at those speeds, definitely feels more agile.

TJSwoboda

Established Member
I chicken out at 120, or earlier.
crazy.gif

--T.J.

PhatSVT

Established Member
Pegged the trip reset button which sits a few MPH over the 160 mark. DemonSVT figured the true MPH out once, but I forget what it was. Didn't take long to get there. Was racing a Eclipse GSX and his car shut down at 128 but mine pulled and pulled. Was scary none-the-less. Won't go that fast unless I have a roll cage and helmet. With the Ground Control and Koni suspension car was stiff as a rock.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Sam,

WTF did you do to the stand to get that torque? Bottle fed?

Pb Foot

Established Member
Originally posted by PhatSVT
Pegged the trip reset button which sits a few MPH over the 160 mark. DemonSVT figured the true MPH out once, but I forget what it was. Didn't take long to get there. Was racing a Eclipse GSX and his car shut down at 128 but mine pulled and pulled. Was scary none-the-less. Won't go that fast unless I have a roll cage and helmet. With the Ground Control and Koni suspension car was stiff as a rock.

Damn, that's sweet... I would have loved to have been in there... I remember you talking about selling your supercharger... are you still going to?

Users who are viewing this thread