How do you feel about Canada?

JesseSVTJames

Established Member
Oh CANADA. I love it here. Very proud Canadian for sure, but I like most the places I have been in the States. I dont think I would ever consider moving unless it was for better roads, weather and GOOD money.

LOL! Ok Canadians, we need to find another good Canadian video to sway Guy Fawkes back.

Where is Calgary are you located?

Please don't you put all of us in the same basket. Yes there's idiots in Quebec, like everywhere else in the world. The ones who are by far the worse are the ones that don't speak a word of english and truly believe that Quebec should be separated from Canada. As for myself, I am a proud Canadian and Quebecer.

I have to agree that disrespecting the national anthem is totally ignorant though, but from what I understand about the video you posted the fans were not booing the national anthem but the Boston team itself since it was game 7 of the playoff. Montreal is a true hockey city, and there's just this rivalry against the Bruins and the Leafs as far that I can remember.

I dont think you can actually be a proud Canadian and a proud Quebecer. Thats like black and white lol... JK! :beer:

Just find a clip of something from "Strange Brew" or "The Red Green Show", that'll get him, lol.

Yes the Red green show. Duct Tape will fix him!!! :bash:

Last edited:

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
my ONLY issue with Canada is their stance on gun control.. I realize they take their stance on laws from the mother country (England).. and the staunch gun control there is a recent thing..

JesseSVTJames

Established Member
my ONLY issue with Canada is their stance on gun control.. I realize they take their stance on laws from the mother country (England).. and the staunch gun control there is a recent thing..

Says the guys with a beaut in his sig... I have a 3 Rem 700s one 7mm Rem mag, a .270 and a 700P .308. Love the Remington.

I agree that the gun control is nuts up here. But things are slowly getting better. Heres hoping anyways.

Last edited:

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Says the guys with a beaut in his sig... I have a 3 Rem 700s one 7mm Rem mag, a .270 and a 700P .308. Love the Remington.

I agree that the gun control is nuts up here. But things are slowly getting better. Heres hoping anyways.

At least the long gun registry is done up there. And you can get Soviet SKS and SVT-40's on the cheap also $299 CD= Canadian dollars.

Electrokid

Established Member
At least the long gun registry is done up there. And you can get Soviet SKS and SVT-40's on the cheap also $299 CD= Canadian dollars.

Used to be able to get the Russian SKS' (not the Chinese ones) for free when you purchased a crate of ammo. Used to help out with a local Firearms business at Gun Shows and stuff until the stupid owner screwed some stuff up and got the store and warehouse raided, and everything seized.

We used to have so many SKS parts, that we would burn stocks for firewood haha.

Gun control isn't all that bad up here anymore. We finally got our Long Gun registry finished with, but they are still extremely anal with the transport of anything considered 'restricted' (such as AR variants and handguns). Wanted to collect some hand guns, but the trouble to go through to actually own any outweighs the benefits of shooting them. I'd rather just go out to the old quarry's and shoot long guns.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member

that's the "Belcher" named after Pat McManus's rifle in "Rubber Legs and White-Tail Hairs"

mysterio

Established Member
I have to agree that disrespecting the national anthem is totally ignorant though, but from what I understand about the video you posted the fans were not booing the national anthem but the Boston team itself since it was game 7 of the playoff. Montreal is a true hockey city, and there's just this rivalry against the Bruins and the Leafs as far that I can remember.

No, they weren't just booing the Bruins, they were actually booing our national anthem, and there are a few youtube clips that show it happening over the last several years.

If it was just booing rival teams, nobody would care, but the front office of the Montreal franchise felt the need to have a great ambassador of the sport, and former player, make a video imploring fans not to boo the American anthem, not the American teams.

Planter

Banned
i neither have feelings towards or against Canada. I just simply do not care. too cold up there for me anyhow. way too cold.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
They're a lot better than our neighbors to the south.

No, they weren't just booing the Bruins, they were actually booing our national anthem, and there are a few youtube clips that show it happening over the last several years.

If it was just booing rival teams, nobody would care, but the front office of the Montreal franchise felt the need to have a great ambassador of the sport, and former player, make a video imploring fans not to boo the American anthem, not the American teams.

When Montreal came to Boston, the fans cheered during the entire Canadian National Anthem. What a great response.

SVTContique

It's like American, but with a lot of french people, and a crappy medical care system.

Really? You are kidding with the healthcare right? Our system works much much better than yours despite what you might want to believe. Its flawed yes, but the American system is hugely flawed.

scottg

it's good to be blown
Established Member
Canada is awesome. Windsor for one, is night and ****ing day different than the toilet across the river. Next, Vancouver is absolutely stunning. I visited with some pals as an away hockey fan and was still treated very respectfully except for 1 instance. I would move to Canada if my wife would be willing to relocate but she isn't. Great beer, always hockey on in the pubs, great scenery. What more could a person want? My next Canadian visit will involve Toronto and Montreal.

Instigator99

427 whaaaaat?
Established Member
Seeing as how I live only an hour from the border I have both good and bad experiences with Canadians.

Bad
-Terrible drivers, absolutely horrid.
-to avoid paying tax on items they buy here they take everything out of the package in the store/mall parking lot to shove in their luggage, leaving their trash in the parking lots
-the majority of them expect a "Canadian" discount
-the clogged roads/business areas make it an absolute pain to do any shopping on the weekends or whatever random holiday they happen to have.

Good
-from what I've seen they are generally polite people
-when i last went up there it was a 18 drinking age, great deal.
-fully nude strip clubs, again great for a fresh 18 year old
-everyone sped around Winnipeg, made for a great drive

All that being said they do contribute a lot to the economy of my 60k population town.

-Eric

mysterio

Established Member
They're a lot better than our neighbors to the south.

When Montreal came to Boston, the fans cheered during the entire Canadian National Anthem. What a great response.

Absolutely says it all, doesn't it? And it's a great national anthem, too.

Users who are viewing this thread