How do you feel about Canada?

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Sweet. Didn't know you were originally an East Coast boy. :rockon:

Not originally but I did spend a few years there. I was there for one of the worst blizzards in US history.

please enlighten us as to why this is a problem

Ask me again in 20 years.

The immigration laws here are VERY lax.

To say the least. When they say 90% of the population is along the border they're not lying. The cities and towns in southern Ontario are DENSE with people.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
I love Canada. If it wasn't so cold there I probably would say adios to the U.S.

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
I lived in Niagra Falls, NY for several years as a kid and went into Canada many times. My wife is also from Canada (Ontario) and we go back often to visit her family. I like it a lot up there. The only things I don't like are the real estate prices and the out of control Muslim immigration.

One of the jokes my friends in Ontario loved was "Toronto has three areas, urban, suburban, and turban." Referring to the large Sikh and middle eastern populations.

I also grew up around Buffalo and the falls so I went to Canada and dealt with Canadians quite a bit.

Good:
Polite (soo-ry!)
drinking age was 19
clean, low crime

Bad:
Limited availability of alcohol
Food wasn't very good
Outrageous prices (gas, milk, beer, etc...)
Outrageous taxes
They left their crap all over parking lots in the US
Overran our malls and roads
Terrible drivers (what the heck is a mile per hour?)
Drunken Leafs fans.
The Maple Leafs.

And their healthcare wasn't that great either. My friends that lived in Fort Erie actually hated it. They regularly crossed the border for better healthcare with shorter wait times in the states. They hated the fact they got taxed like crazy to get a single hospital within a hundred miles (or shall I say kilometers?) that had a massive wait list. Doesn't sound like something I would want.

Users who are viewing this thread