how do I lower my car more?

BaznastyDave

Established Member
Has a UPR tubular, k-member, tubular a-arms, Upr Coil over kit, 14" 175lb springs, 4 bolt cc plates, and Strange drag struts. Got all that plus some other stuff last year during their Christmas sale, go check em out I bet they will be having a sale this year too.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
Has a UPR tubular, k-member, tubular a-arms, Upr Coil over kit, 14" 175lb springs, 4 bolt cc plates, and Strange drag struts. Got all that plus some other stuff last year during their Christmas sale, go check em out I bet they will be having a sale this year too.

I bet your car handles worse than a 70's Cadillac. What's the point of running drag suspension and then slamming it so low that you can't transfer weight if your life depends on it. If you want your car to be slammed and handle like shit, cut the stock springs in half and call it a day

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Eh; cutting springs can be risky.

All told, an inch or so of tire fender gap looks good on these cars IMHO; the wheel wells themselves are too big for a 25.4" tire to be tucked in side them hellaflush and the well itself isn't a perfect 180*, it's like 165 so a hellaflush looks a little off.

Maybe a hellaflush with 27" tires all around (275/35/19's) and some classy fround effects kit like saleen or roush would be proportional or maybe it's just the pics I've seen are at different angles than perfect beauty shots.

The front end of this car seems like the wheels are too small IMHO

a6cd0c28-b865-929d.jpg

But on the 94-98's the wheel wells seem better suited to hellaflush

a6cd0c28-b9a9-1dcf.jpg

To me, this is ideal:

a6cd0c28-bb1f-ad49.jpg

My own car used to be right where the this last pic is but now with the turbo hot piping we had to raise the front suspension an inch so it looks factory in the front but with black wheels etc it's hard to tell unless your right next to it; I'll put up a pick a little later.

Anyways good look on the slam hunt and just remember that suspension geometry and characteristics are crucial to a good ride and great handling, if you drop it but don't plan to drag race often, try some 300# springs at a minimum, I have 400# springs on mm coil overs and still can drop the car 2" up front from where it is. (before I was an inch lower but didn't like the look of it two inches lower)

Users who are viewing this thread