How are the supercharged guys liking the power?

nonliberal

Established Member
You tell me. Because once your past the point of dig racing at least launching off idle then I personally don't want it. A street car witha ton of useless power does not interest me.

With that information I can answer the question you were looking for. Go with a Centri blower instead of a PD blower.

With the TVS blower even with best tire and suspension setup, brushed concrete is the only street surface you're going to be able to dig and not smoke the tires. Talking with some of the best guys in the business about their setups they say just forget about dead hooking on blacktop or asphalt on the street with the TVS.

Keep in mind we are talking about 650+ HP cars, the TVS guys running under 600 can hook with the right setup.

Riptide

Established Member
Thanks for that info. I was leaning paxton already due to the better heat soak profile. That just reinforces the decision.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
You tell me. Because once your past the point of dig racing at least launching off idle then I personally don't want it. A street car witha ton of useless power does not interest me.

A car that straight hooks 1st gear is VERY boring in 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th :dw:

Riptide

Established Member
Dunno about that. People have got 500whp to hook on the street from a dig. I don't think thats "boring". A car that has useless gears already and which has an owner who wants to add even more power to it is a poor street car IMO. No interest on my part in that scenario.

CPRsm

Work on your suspension boys!! Customer on 20's hooks 9psi in first and 20 in second and up! 20psi is aprox 1100rwhp. Poor 6R80 lol

Riptide

Established Member
Good to know. Partly why I picked the 6R80. Plan is to do control arms and maybe brackets first. Leaving stock shocks and springs in for now.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
Boost-by-gear is PERFECT.

Too each his own in regards to what power is "enough". I honestly feel every power level gets boring, it just depends on the person just how fast you get bored with it. Look at all these guys pulleying down constantly. They don't care if it spins 1st, because they don't street race prob. I am one of those guys. I love the pull from 40-130. I could care less if it spins 1st gear on the street. I NEVER need to squeeze every last bit of acceleration out of 1st gear on the street. Some people need to, so again, to each his own.

Riptide

Established Member
Agree.

Im not one to get bored easily. I have a 250hp daily to use every time a boosted coyote starts to get "boring". Im done throwing tens of thousands into cars and never getting satisfaction that lasts. Made up my mind to be happy. Enough is enough.

burke985

Established Member
Boost-by-gear is PERFECT.

Too each his own in regards to what power is "enough". I honestly feel every power level gets boring, it just depends on the person just how fast you get bored with it. Look at all these guys pulleying down constantly. They don't care if it spins 1st, because they don't street race prob. I am one of those guys. I love the pull from 40-130. I could care less if it spins 1st gear on the street. I NEVER need to squeeze every last bit of acceleration out of 1st gear on the street. Some people need to, so again, to each his own.

Agreed Same here , closed sections of interstate is my race track

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
Agree.

Im not one to get bored easily. I have a 250hp daily to use every time a boosted coyote starts to get "boring". Im done throwing tens of thousands into cars and never getting satisfaction that lasts. Made up my mind to be happy. Enough is enough.

I know, I am sick of never being satisfied! I will forever be BROKE until I come to terms with the fact that enough is enough. :beer:

ExTurbo

Established Member
Agree.

honestly a 250hp car can be pretty fun too! not like you are talking 160 or less :O lets face it, a stock GT 5.0 moves out pretty damn good, 99% of the cars on the road will loose to one, its that pesky 1% that smokes you that makes you wanna go faster...

Riptide

Established Member
I have adequate peen. Ill be g2g ;)

I wouldve kept my 3v and built it to hit my final goals. Just turns out getting a coyote was going to be more cost effective vs starting over on my 4.6

lovebread

Established Member
I've gone over a bunch of threads and this pretty much seals the deal for what package to get. Can anyone guestimate what kind of power a 3.6 pulley paxton would put down on a full bolt on/boss mani GT? Trying to plan out how fast my DS/clutch would let go after the upgrade because I figure it will happen eventually.

Sumi ZII 275s are barely cutting it now, could I still stick with a 275 and remain streetable?

bam2012@TBR

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Not a boss manifold car, but I can say that unless the 275 is a dr, you will not get grip. I can hook 2nd with 285 555's but first is only for fun, not hooking.

Users who are viewing this thread