How are the supercharged guys liking the power?

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
So I recently did a couple upgrades to the car and new numbers are 683/611. Some reason it still leaves me wanting more. The car feels fast but some reason just not quick enough. Im pretty sure I want to scoop up an aluminator and look for 850+rwhp. I think something that pulls like a 1liter bike is what I'm looking for. Every time I look at my quads I think "aluminator" lol.

How are you guys liking the power level on a stock short block?

13DIB5.0

Established Member
wanting more here as well, Paxton on 10lbs, just trying to figure out how I can get more out of my set up first, thoughts are trying the wastgated setup, losing weight and maybe running e85. but just don't wanna push the stock motor too much farther.

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
I LOVE the grunt I have now. If you ever feel "bored" with your car, just drive someone else's n/a 5.0. It'll really show you how much more fun your car is now!

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
what upgrades did u do? impressive numbers
thanks, I switched from the stock 3.8 pulley to a 3.33 with it wastegated at 9.7psi, e85, o/r h pipe, and upgraded to a jms bap.

That's a lot of tq from a centri
yup :beer:, "ishouldofboughtatvsmod"

I LOVE the grunt I have now. If you ever feel "bored" with your car, just drive someone else's n/a 5.0. It'll really show you how much more fun your car is now!
:D

13DIB5.0

Established Member
enlighten me on that switch? how did it feel? I want the wastgated setup myself, do u still run the stock intake? and when does power fall off? what where u numbers before?

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
i want moar. 10psi with paxton is not enough but sadly is as much as im willing to throw at the stock short block so im stuck until its built. i am sure that once i get 800-900rwhp i will get used to that and will want more but i hope that the thirst for horse power will eventually stop.

13DIB5.0

Established Member
I agree, but thinking the wastgated setup mite quench my thirst long enough for me to build a bottom end, mmrs prices look very good though

bam2012@TBR

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I am never happy, I dd my car so it feels fast for a few weeks after mods. I am waiting on the 8 rib 3.15 wastegate setup. I will continue to run e85.

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
enlighten me on that switch? how did it feel? I want the wastgated setup myself, do u still run the stock intake? and when does power fall off? what where u numbers before?

I cant speak for just adding the wastegate bc I havent driven the car with the 91 octane tune yet. Still using the stock intake and headers. My previous numbers were 552/444 on a JPC tune. The red line would be what im running. That felt quick at best with the other setup. The car seems like it runs like a raped ape right now.

7u82.jpg

13DIB5.0

Established Member
I am never happy, I dd my car so it feels fast for a few weeks after mods. I am waiting on the 8 rib 3.15 wastegate setup. I will continue to run e85.

is ur car currently on e85? what did it make before the switch? and im thinking the 3.1 8 rib with boss intake

numbnutz

Established Member
I need to leave the Tequila alone, I quoted the wrong post. :pepper:

Last edited:

bmyles

Established Member
I like it , when I get bored I drive my wife's corolla for a few days and then I love my car again. Going from 560 rwhp to 130 crank horse power is a shocker

Users who are viewing this thread