HOTROD Reports seeing 5.4 SC in 05 Mustang (Cobra Mule)

Hunter6

Established Member
P.S.

Anyone hear any CREDIBLE rumors of muscle car offerings from Chevy or Dodge?

jshen

Established Member
Dodge

My neighbor is a Dodge dealer/owner. He told me years ago about the switch to rear drive platforms and he was right. He says the Dodge Charger is coming...and with the hemi...but I didn't ask him at the time "when" it would make it to production.

lutjens

Established Member
What I'd like to see is Daisy's engine with a supercharger....:)

600 hp normally aspirated and supercharged with 15 lbs would be absolutely nuts...probably 800hp+

But unfortunately, we'll never see it...:(

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
Re: My .02 worth

Originally posted by jshen
Thinking of the 60's...only the insurance rates put a halt to muscle cars..........

I think the best is yet to come........Horsepower Rules!

:lol:

Not flaming, jshen, but it wasn't insurance rates. he rates only compounded the problem. There were gas lines, rationing, etc. people believed we were running out of gas. Government restrictions for pollution.
My brother sold his 383 Magnum Challenger convertible - one of only about 300 produced--for a SONG when gas went up to------- 59 cents (is that sad or what?).
We all now know this was a scam. But the insurance rates did not help.
Other than that, I agree with everything else you said...;-)

jshen

Established Member
Re: Re: My .02 worth

Originally posted by crispy23c
... Government restrictions for pollution...

Ah yes I do recall that..everyone forced to go to unleaded...compression dropped I remember in 71 Dodge was opening critisized for having 440 mag...that required hi-oct leaded gas. Gas prices did go up ..and the gas lines.....I gave up a chance [in 73]for an 70 LS-6 Chevelle $1,400.00...and another chance in 74 for a 1970 Boss 429 Mustang...I still get sick thinking about it.

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: My .02 worth

Originally posted by jshen
Originally posted by crispy23c
... Government restrictions for pollution...

Ah yes I do recall that..everyone forced to go to unleaded...compression dropped I remember in 71 Dodge was opening critisized for having 440 mag...that required hi-oct leaded gas. Gas prices did go up ..and the gas lines.....I gave up a chance [in 73]for an 70 LS-6 Chevelle $1,400.00...and another chance in 74 for a 1970 Boss 429 Mustang...I still get sick thinking about it.

Ahhh, yes.....SAD days. You could buy Shelbys for dirt then :cryying:
And then there was the rationing of gas. Odd number plates 1 day, even #'s the next. Makes you want to...to....:xpl:
Sorry, but I always wanted to use that!

jshen

Established Member
Sorry

For the lack of "spell check". The muscle cars [I hope] are back for a while. To those of us who were there to see the demise of those beasts and the little prices they got on the "blocks".......we know to buy now.....save & protect and.....sell later...

That Boss 429 Mustang....I wanted it but didn't get it..price was SO right....this fella had a famlity and wanted to get rid of it....Damn!....I just say Damn...I coulda had it....:cryying:

Last edited:

Black93Cobra

Established Member
The '05 GT was in Charlotte last week and I spoke to the Ford rep and he said that the likely powertrain for the '07 Cobra was a 5.4L SC (ala GT) but 75 - 100 hp stronger than the current Cobra. He also said a definite NO to the V10 in the Cobra or the 5.0L Cammer. The Cammer was to showcase FRPP parts. I can't wait!!

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
CHEVY:

GM will have next generation f-body (Camaro) to compete with every echelon of performance that the Ford Mustang comes with.

cobra1

Established Member
The cobra will be a corvette/Z06 fighter. The camaro won't be as fast as the new mustang. I'd expect that chevy will put around 400hp in the top of the line camaro whereas the cobra will have around 500 hp. The cobra is in a completely different league now. I expect that the new mach/boss ( the model between the cobra and GT) will compete with the HO camaro.

Hunter6

Established Member
Let's just hope the Cobra is not in another price league now. Anyone know when the new camaros are due?

djt81185

Established Member
Originally posted by cobra1
The cobra will be a corvette/Z06 fighter. The camaro won't be as fast as the new mustang. I'd expect that chevy will put around 400hp in the top of the line camaro whereas the cobra will have around 500 hp. The cobra is in a completely different league now. I expect that the new mach/boss ( the model between the cobra and GT) will compete with the HO camaro.

i think it may be aimed a lil higher than that...

Hunter6

Established Member
Originally posted by djt81185
i think it may be aimed a lil higher than that...

I was hoping you would join this conversation. Care to expand on your comment here?

cobra1

Established Member
That will be awesome to see the new cobra take on the ferrraris and lamborghinis of europe. I can't wait!

Hunter6

Established Member
Originally posted by cobra1
That will be awesome to see the new cobra take on the ferrraris and lamborghinis of europe. I can't wait!

I hope this does not happen...I will not be able to afford it.

djt81185

Established Member
Originally posted by Hunter6
I was hoping you would join this conversation. Care to expand on your comment here?

well...i cant give specifics or name names because of my job. but its not so much europeans as cross town rivals...they already have a car for the europeans exotics

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread