Horsepower by Hermann=Awesome Tuner/Calibrator

cotchnobra

Established Member
I just got my 03 Cobra tuned at Horsepower by Hermann. That place is just fantastic! When I picked up the car and took it on the test drive after it was tuned the thing drove better than it did when I first bought the car with just a few mods. I have to say if you are anywhere near Maryland go to Hermann. He showed and explained to me everything that he had done with my car. Basically he calibrated every parameter in the computer to make the Cobra run flawless. Herman even wired my BAP correctly to get my pumps duty cycle down to 75%. I had installed gt pumps, 60# injectors, BAP, egr system delete, home ported eaton/plenum, 2.76 upper, 4# lower, long tubes, and an off road H-pipe. On a 95* day Hermann was able to safely pull 520 rwhp and 543 rwtq. Can't even explain how happy I am!!! Cobra Dyno.jpg

Last edited:

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Tuned my 04 and it was awesome. Taking my 03 to him this winter to tune my posi ported eaton.

Yulla

SVT Noob
Established Member
Great to hear. I've heard nothing but good things and I'm glad to know we have a local tuner.

Last edited:

cj428mach

Established Member
After reading one of his posts on why a Cobra owner should go full return I immediately ordered a return fuel system. Seems like a smart guy, I'd give him a shot if he was local.

stangfreak

Established Member
glad your happy with the car. I had a different experience but that was in the past.

Last edited:

evolve

Established Member
Still deciding between HPH and Excessive. So far, the customer svc at HPH has been vastly superior.

hpbyhermann

Established Member
Edgewater Maryland, New shop in Beltsville Marylan
I just got my 03 Cobra tuned at Horsepower by Hermann. That place is just fantastic! When I picked up the car and took it on the test drive after it was tuned the thing drove better than it did when I first bought the car with just a few mods. I have to say if you are anywhere near Maryland go to Hermann. He showed and explained to me everything that he had done with my car. Basically he calibrated every parameter in the computer to make the Cobra run flawless. Herman even wired my BAP correctly to get my pumps duty cycle down to 75%. I had installed gt pumps, 60# injectors, BAP, egr system delete, home ported eaton/plenum, 2.76 upper, 4# lower, long tubes, and an off road H-pipe. On a 95* day Hermann was able to safely pull 520 rwhp and 543 rwtq. Can't even explain how happy I am!!! I've been trying to upload a pic of the dyno sheet but can't get it to work.
I'm so happy to see your enjoying the car Dave! Let me know if I can help out in the future with anything.

Tuned my 04 and it was awesome. Taking my 03 to him this winter to tune my posi ported eaton.
I can't wait to see your new car! I'm sure it's super nice.

Great to hear. I've heard nothing but good things and I'm glad to know we have a local tuner.
Let me know if I can help you out in the future.

After reading one of his posts on why a Cobra owner should go full return I immediately ordered a return fuel system. Seems like a smart guy, I'd give him a shot if he was local.
Glad I could help. Glad your doing well with your car.
glad your happy with the car. I had a different experience but that was in the past.
I'm really sorry to see you weren't happy with your car that was done 10 YEARS AGO when tuning was in its infancy. Hell, I didn't even have a Dyno back then. Anything I can do to help you out in the future please let me know. I wish I could go back in time with what I know now with the equipment I have now but that isn't going to happen unfortunately.

Still deciding between HPH and Excessive. So far, the customer svc at HPH has been vastly superior.
I see you aren't far away at all, feel free to come by and see some tuning live to help you make an informed decision. Let me know if I can help out with anything.

Last edited:

Boogie Chillin

Pew, pew, ... pew, pew, pew.
Established Member
Go see Hermann. <--- Night and day difference from the previous performance shop tune. If you have the option --> go to HPBH.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
He used to be semi local to me before I started modding my car. I would have went to him if he was still here, due to location, but I made a great choice with VMP. I'd have no issues with either tuning my cars.

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Hermann's stint in Florida only lasted a few years, I guess MD needed him back. Good to hear he is still tuning cars.

hpbyhermann

Established Member
Thanks for the support everyone

Go see Hermann. <--- Night and day difference from the previous performance shop tune. If you have the option --> go to HPBH.
Very happy to hear that you were pleased with the results ! Glad I could help you out.

He used to be semi local to me before I started modding my car. I would have went to him if he was still here, due to location, but I made a great choice with VMP. I'd have no issues with either tuning my cars.
I still talk with many of my my old customers and friends I made while in Florida, I miss being there when it's winter time up here for sure!

Hermann's stint in Florida only lasted a few years, I guess MD needed him back. Good to hear he is still tuning cars.
Hey Justin, yup still kicking along pretty well up here. Both of my kids are in college now, my wife's job made the move back to Maryland a necessity. Going to work here a little longer then we are all going to get ready to move to the ultimate goal, moving to Maui Hawaii!! :banana:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've never used Hermann, but I've known him here since 2003 and his tuning skills are well known. If I were asked to recommend a tuner in that area, Hermann would be at the top of the list. He's a good man! :thumbsup:

hpbyhermann

Established Member
Thanks Bob, that means a lot coming from you!

Not many of us "old timers" around here anymore! I still love these cars and enjoy tuning on them every workday. Can't beat doing what you love to do. I just treat every car like it's my own, take the time to do everything correctly and make sure the customer and I am satisfied with the final product. It is a formula that has worked for me since 1993 when I incorporated and began my business! It sure is hard to believe I've been working on Mustangs since 1982!:eek:

sonicblew

Established Member
OP glad you had a great experience! Horsepower by Herman, you sound like you've done it right. Thanks for that. It's been a slew of people with bad experiences on here. Im not close, but if i were id love to swing out and watch some tuning.

Last edited:

ib_604

Established Member
I'm jealous! Always heard the name and how good he is. I'm out in Vancouver, BC. Wish we had a solid stang tuner out here still.

onefastcar

Established Member
Just got my home port tuned from him . He is spot on with tuning and customer service is great . Cant wait to get a tvs and have him tune it as well

Users who are viewing this thread